Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Asus Acer Tosh Sony Samsung ......... ???

Options
  • 25-04-2006 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Who give you best bang for your buck? looking to invest in a laptop around €1,500 and must be :-

1. Dual Core
    2. Centrino
    3. Good GFX card
    4. At least 1gb RAM
    5. Mobile
    6. Good customer care
    7. Accessories included (bag ect ect)
    8. Handle Vista when it comes out ...........
    9. Display "medium - large" in size

And any www on the cheapest places to source lappys on the net!

Thanks for the advice :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Was browsing that site there and the sony laptops look fairly cool. Much more stylish than anything else out there.
    One thing about them though - they are supposed be fairly unreliable. Any one know if they have improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

thanks for the post real b man ! looks interesting........... that GFX card seems sweet too............. very stylish

any comments on the Asus ! been a big fan of thier hardware for my pcs in the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Bang for buck I would say Acer. Good build and spec for the price. Asus have good spec to price but haven't seen to many around so can't comment on quality.

High end Dells from the outlet store (on dell.ie) can be bargains too. Just pay attention to the spec and model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I have a Asus M6Va - realy like it. Highly recomend them.
    I'm not to upto date on their newer models range so cant comment on anything new from them, going by this laptop i would only expect as good or better.

I found getting the model i want to be a problem here in ireland and ended up getting it from holland. Few problems with delivery althou for some reason anything ive ever had sent to me in packages always comes back to the sender, could be just the area i live in thou (Cavan).

As for acer, i was looking at getting one untill i was reading about the model on a dutch forum, very big, and there where alot of users unhappy with their purchase - broken screens, easily scratched other small things that just make you less happy with your purchase. Class mate got a acer just before i got my asus and his screen is already broke, nice purple band coming down on the right hand side, no problem with this asus :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Drapper wrote:
    thanks for the post real b man ! looks interesting........... that GFX card seems sweet too............. very stylish

any comments on the Asus ! been a big fan of thier hardware for my pcs in the past!

yeah i just bought one :D

Advertisement