Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in Paris

Options
  • 24-04-2006 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

Thinking of going over with the girlfriend for 3ish days. Want to do lots of touristy things and find some nice restaraunts.

Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,218 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was there a few weeks ago and just walked round the whole city. Its the best way to do it cos you can actually see loads in that time. Considerin I walked from Gare d'Austerlitz(train station), up to Notre Dame, through the LOuvre(not actually in it), all the way up Champs Elysee to Arc de Triomphe, down to Eiffel Tower, back to train station. that covers bout 15 miles of walkin. With stops in the huge park between Louvre and Champs Elysee aswell. I was only there for that day cos of goin to Toulouse so dont know anything in line of restaurants. Louvre is incredibly huge so give more than half a day in there. Was there last year for bout 1 hour. in that time i just bout found the Mona Lisa! Up the Eiffel Tower is also good and then the Bateau Mouche(boat journeys) is good. You can see the city from so many different ways. you can also go up the Arc de Triomphe and see things from different angle from Eiffel Tower. It is a great place to go. Just been told my friend is goin for her birthday, and she really excited bout it all! Mainly cos of what iv told her bout the place and how cool it is. Other places would be Montemarte(church that is up 260 metres of steps), but that is in risky area. still worth it. Thats all ai can say for now. hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Just to reiterate, Sacre Coeur in Montmartre is lovely although Montmartre itself is very touristy and a bit of a turn-off IMO. Bateaux mouche boat trip is worth doing as is going up the Eiffel Tower, wonderful for photos. Notre Dame is ok, although Ile de la Cite that it's on is nice, there were cool sunday markets on when we were there.
    Great city, so easy to get around. Drink can be very expensive i thought. Get a guide book and fire away!

Advertisement