Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL+UK 24 - The Show that Kills at a Fair Rate of Knots

Options
  • 23-04-2006 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Ok, so far in season 5 they've killed the following main characters:
    1. David Palmer (assasinated)
    2. Michelle Dessler (also assasinated)
    3. The baddy from the first few eppys (stabbed)
    4. Cummings (Committed Suicide)
    5. Half of CTU (Poisoned by nerve gas)
    6. Edgar (Same as above)
    7. Tony Almeida (Injected with poisonous substance)
    There won't be enough people in L.A. for the terrorists to kill at this rate of going.:eek:

Do you think it's a bit severe the amount killed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Oh, and Lynn Magill. That's 8.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Oh, and Lynn Magill. That's 8.

Glad he is gone. Still think of him in the goonies.All we need now is for that clown logan to be killed off. He is a brutal actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

oh no

i think the guy who plays Logan has done aa great job
    "pray with me mike"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i think its good that loads of characters are dying..

say in CTU, if all the characters had survived, and Lynn and Edgar hadnt died, it would've all been a bit "aaw.. the poor ananoymous characters who died.."

this was makes it a bit more real

it was kinda Tony's time i felt..
    it is 24 after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yes alot of people die in 24, except Jack. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sparky-s wrote:
    Yes alot of people die in 24, except Jack. :)

Not totally true, Hasn't Jack died twice already

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Do you think it's a bit severe the amount killed?

Not at all, up the body count, I say. You also forgot the security guard (Harry?) with McGill who got to make the obligatory phone call to tell his daughter how much he loved her before he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

and red shirt girl (carrie?? )stabbed by the terrorist in the server room when she went to see why there was a problem with the AC

This is nothing new.. in season two the killed off darlene from rosanne very quickly..

I liked the red shirt girl.

Shame they wouldn't kill off Chloe. And why does Kim have to leave again. God damn it. Bit of eye candy for the lads and now it's gone.

• Advertisement

Dont rule out Elisha yet!

Can I ask for a favour Sparky? NEVER CHANGE YOU SIG.

If its ever changed it always has her in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

That crazy sexual harrasment girl is actually very hot,some eye candy there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

doubt they'll kill elisha this season, hasn't sutherland signed up for 2 or 3 more seasons? i reckon they'll kill her off towards the end of one of those and he'll spend the following season doing some serious revenge killing. before i heard he signed up to do more seasons i thought they might have killed jack for the sake of the show and replaced him with curtis, particularly after the piss poor season 4 but this season is actually pretty good, up there with s1 & 2.

i never laughed so much as when edgar died, tony had a very crap death considering how bad ass he was in the previous seasons. i'd love to see them kill off aaron (erin?) mike (or at least buy a modern pair of glasses to make you less annoying) because they're too predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Nephew wrote:
    doubt they'll kill elisha this season, hasn't sutherland signed up for 2 or 3 more seasons? i reckon they'll kill her off towards the end of one of those and he'll spend the following season doing some serious revenge killing. before i heard he signed up to do more seasons i thought they might have killed jack for the sake of the show and replaced him with curtis, particularly after the piss poor season 4 but this season is actually pretty good, up there with s1 & 2.

i never laughed so much as when edgar died, tony had a very crap death considering how bad ass he was in the previous seasons. i'd love to see them kill off aaron (erin?) mike (or at least buy a modern pair of glasses to make you less annoying) because they're too predictable.

Aaron is a pretty good character in my mind... how can he be predictable concidering that up to now his appearances have been next to nothing?

Regarding Mike, he wouldn't be very predictable either, remember when he invoked the 25th amendment on palmer and disabled/killed that girl?

Time for chloe to go though....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Cummings (Committed Suicide)

Might want to edit that...:p
    turns out not so much a suicide after all
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

tvnutz wrote:
    Might want to edit that...:p
    turns out not so much a suicide after all
    :)

Mind them feckin spoilers :mad:

feck sake, might want to edit that yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

for once i understand how annoying it is when PEOPLE DONT PUT SPOILER TAGS!!!!!!!

I dont want anything to happen to Aaron... i like him.

tvnuts, watch it. Remember we are all not advanced to the current episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

you forgot the assasin that was posing as tonys doctor, and tonys doctor. two more for the body count

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

that 24 wiki page has a whole section on the dead charactes.. very interesting to flick thru and realise who's gone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

So
    the President was in on it all along,
    the cute fecker. Good twist. I wonder will
    Aaron and the First Lady have to take on the President....she is getting suspicious!
    Aaron the Secret Service guy is a good character.

Henderson is a good villian, a real menace in the show.
    cutting Audrey's artery, ouch!

Is Karen getting a conscience? Is her sidekick the real root of all the trouble in CTU?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Eh, where is
    Aaron Pierce
    at the moment?!
    Landing a plane on the M50,
    only 24! Miles!! Surely at this stage he can't really hope to
    achieve anything with so many people aware of the recording?

Nice sig, Sparky.

Sparky, you changed you sig goddamnit. BRING BACK ELISHA!

She never left, just keep looking. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Yeah, i think 24 is the show with the highest amount of main characters killed in a TV show

QUESTION:
    Was Evelyn killed? It was left to our imagination, but it's confusing because I don't think Henderson would just kill Evelyn and not his little girl, but also, as twisted as he is, I don't think he would or could shoot a little girl

It;s one of those things unexplained.

Last 2 episodes tonight, looking forward to them.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement