Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion: Main quest broken?

Options
  • 23-04-2006 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I think I may have somehow broken the main quest in Oblivion. I got to the stage where you have to
    lead Bro.Martin and Jauffre to Cloud Ruler Temple.
    I used the fast travel function to get there and the two or three lads who were with me scooted in the door before me. Now everytime I try to follow them the door is locked tight and it's one of those ones that can't be lock picked. :(
    I have checked loads of forums and have tried to teleport into Cloud Ruler Temple Great Hall with the player.coc command in the console. When I do that there is no sign of the person/thing I need to get/talk to. Any of the Blades I talk to just tell me to talk to someone else. When I'm outside the Temple the red arrow points inside it and when I'm inside the Temple it points back outside. If I teleport by using player.coc CloudRulerTemple I get a green arrow on my compass, thereby indicating that the next quest item/person is in this area....but the thing is that the area is totally black and I can't move. It's like I teleported into an invalid location.
    I've also looked for the key to the temple so I could add it via the console but I can't find the code for it anywhere.
    Bear in mind me using the console was a last resort, I'd never normally consider using it.
    Any body got any ideas? Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Well if you want more console commands here. I suggest anyone who doesn't want to know stop reading now cos I don't know how to use spoiler tags.
    If you open the console then click on the door with your mouse and type in "unlock" (sans quotations) it will unlock it no matter what type of door it is. If you type in "tcl" you the same effect as "noclip" in other games so you can just fly through it.

rev: Let me show u how :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

let us know how you get on cos that sounds like a pain in the ass

Thanks Rev. Uh, How? hehehe

Edit: Oh right. Just put in
    . Duh me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Hi again,
    Cheers for the replies. I've gotten one step further thanks to the advice from Chamlis. I can get into the cloud ruler temple area where the blades are lined up in an honour guard fashion. The little green arrow points to a spot at the top of them but nobody is there. When I run past it it just loops back around, it's like the characters I need are stuck somewhere down inside the mountain. I tried the no clip thing to get inside the ground but it didn't work.
    Looks like it's back to the drawing board....
    Thanks once more.

** Edit** Tried the console command
    movetoqt, which teleports you to the qt (quest target)
    But alas same result it just brings me to the exact same spot with nobody in sight. I've waited 24x1 hour slots as well to see if anyone will appear...no joy.

:o:o:o Ok problem solved.:o :o:o
    The quest marker was pointing into Cloud Ruler Temple but the people I saw going through the door ahead of me must have just been random Blades members and not Martin and Jauffre as I thought. Martin and Jauffre had followed me a bit initially from Weynon but when I decided to fast travel they didn't follow and must have just headed back to Weynon House. I just talked to them again and this time they followed. I can't believe I was such a tit.
    Thanks for all the help.
    And btw Chamlis the console command for
    no clip is "tfc"

• Advertisement

well at least you got through it, would have been much worse if it ruined the game for you. Weird the way the green arrow showed up without the other dudes with you, ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Vegeta wrote:
    well at least you got through it, would have been much worse if it ruined the game for you. Weird the way the green arrow showed up without the other dudes with you, ah well

The next waypoint is Cloud Ruler, not the people going with you. Makes sense.

Legend

Zillah wrote:
    The next waypoint is Cloud Ruler, not the people going with you. Makes sense.

ehhhh I just thought since the dudes who were meant to be with you on the mission never followed then it'd pont at them instead...I can see why it wouldn't though

Thing was though that they did follow....it was just that they buggered back off home when I fast travelled. So I'm guessing that the Cloud Ruler marker became active when they started following and then when I saw the two people head through the door I assumed it was Martin and Jauffre. Still feel like a tit over the whole affair :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I think i have cleared the main quest ? Now what ?

Just doing lots of side quests. Have 90quests done to date.

replay with a magic only character who cant use any weapons bar staffs and cant wear any armour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Vegeta wrote:
    replay with a magic only character who cant use any weapons bar staffs and cant wear any armour

No!

Have 100quest done i might just c how many i can do before i get tired of it all.

Advertisement