Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fellow Funkateer logging in for....

Options
  • 22-04-2006 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

the Funk board. And striking a blow against Sir Nose D'void of Funk :):D:) Cool to see a few threads on Prince, I'm only getting into his stuff at the moment. Been into Sly, James, P-Funk for a while now. As well as Mandrill, Cymande, War, Tower a Power and more obscure Rare Groove stuff :) How d'yee rate some of these bands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fuse

Yeh I'd be a big fan of all that you listed, altho never really got into Prince too much, I'd rather listen to Sly & P-Funk any day.
    Cymande were such a great group, have a couple of albums and never get tired of them, really original stuff, I always recommend them to people who wanna here some good music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

i'm not too familiar with all the bands u mentioned, but am hugely into P-Funk (mostly Funkadelic) as well as Sly and Rick James (don't forget about Teena Marie!). Prince is just as funky as the rest when he wants to be. Some of the stuff he produced in the 80's for himself and others is off the chain! Projects like The Time, Jill Jones, Sheial E. and Madhouse (all essentially Prince works) really need to be heard by more people. Ebay is your friend... :)

Advertisement