Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maybe im getting to old for rap music :/

Options
  • 22-04-2006 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

i find that i cant listen to new rap music any more nor can i be arsed finding out whats happening in hiphop at the mintue all the comercial rap is a disgrace and i cant bring myself to listen to any of it (funny before juelz santana made it i actually liked his ****!) crunk is everything thats i hate in rap thrown into one pile then shat on and pressed into cds i swear to good if i ever dem franchise boys ill rape them...literally!

21 and starting to lose intrest in rap..... ive been listeng to johhnny cash and ****ing rammstein. whats to become of me? a filthy death-metaler or incest obsessed country fanatic who wishes dolly Parton was my sister?

thats my rant. so if sumone can please tell me some decent **** thats new , fresh, diffrent please please post it now!

(actually immortal technique was the last good artist i heard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Sm0ke wrote:
    i find that i cant listen to new rap music any more nor can i be arsed finding out whats happening in hiphop at the mintue all the comercial rap is a disgrace and i cant bring myself to listen to any of it (funny before juelz santana made it i actually liked his ****!) crunk is everything thats i hate in rap thrown into one pile then shat on and pressed into cds i swear to good if i ever dem franchise boys ill rape them...literally!

21 and starting to lose intrest in rap..... ive been listeng to johhnny cash and ****ing rammstein. whats to become of me? a filthy death-metaler or incest obsessed country fanatic who wishes dolly Parton was my sister?

thats my rant. so if sumone can please tell me some decent **** thats new , fresh, diffrent please please post it now!

(actually immortal technique was the last good artist i heard)

Death Metal?Your leaving Rap to listen to Death Metal?!?!? :eek:

As with all genres,its where you look thats important.I despise Crunk,Hyphy and all of that gimmick crap but I don't see myself giving up on Rap and moving on to Electronica for another decade or so.DFB,Laffy Taffy etc are gimmicks,one hit wonders and are best ignored.

The problem is I haven't a clue what you listen to.So right now I'm listening to a lot of Brother Ali, GZA, Outkast, Cormega, Raekwon, Ghostface, Common, Nas, Ras Kass , Masta Ace , Little Brother and Inspectah Deck.Last week it was a whole different list of Groups/Artists.All excellent artists.

Ghostface just dropped an album worth looking up,TI's newest is supposed to be alright as is Soul Positions.Cunninlynguists have/are dropping albums,and the stuff they put is always brilliant.Common, Cormega and Lake, Raekwon, Nas, Outkast, Busta Rhymes ,Rakim and dozens of others that I have forgotten about are dropping.So its not that bad-just ignore the bull****. ;) Good music is good music after all,no matter what genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

ah there is good new artists out there/good new albums coming

i reccomend ...papoose although all he has out are mixtapes and you cannot get them here in the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

This has come up quite a bit here. You could do a search for previous album/artist recommendation threads, you might find something you like. I think it's quite normal to grow out of the overly commercial stuff if that is your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

been listening to alot of busta and twista as of late!

the mention of Nas had me reaching for illmatic and stillmatic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

When I compare the likes of NWA, Ice-t, etc. with the stuff that's out today, I find it hard to stay motivated and keep looking for good material.

Everything seems so ...marketed, commerical, fake, unimaginative, blah.

Busta Rhymes is really the only artist who I can listen to, but he's actually an old school kind of guy.

Can anyone recommend any original, not-aiming-at-teenagers, rappers??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Apathy
    Anti-Pop Consortium
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Atmosphere/Slug
    AZ
    Aesop Rock
    Afu Ra
    Akrobatik/The Perceptionists/Mr Lif
    Abdominal/DJ Format
    Aceyalone/Freestyle Fellowship
    Blackalicious
    Big L/DITC/Diamond D
    Big Daddy Kane
    Boogie Down Productions/KRS One
    Beastie Boys
    Binary Star/One Be Lo
    Black Moon
    Black Sheep
    Brand Nubian
    Brother Ali
    Buck 65
    Blueprint/Soul Position
    Cannibus
    Chino XL
    Cannibal OX
    Cage/Smut Peddlers
    Common
    Company Flow/EL-P
    C Rayz Walz
    CunninLynguists
    Cypress Hill
    cLOUDDEAD
    Count Bass D
    Das EFX
    De La Soul
    Dead Prez
    Deltron 3030/Del the Funky Homosapien/Hieroglyphics/Souls of Mischief/Opio
    Dilated Peoples (first 2 albums)
    Dr Octagon/Ultramagnetic MCs/Kool Keith/Project Polaroid/Mr Nogatco
    EPMD
    Edan
    Eric B & Rakim
    Fatlip/Pharcyde
    Gang Starr/Guru
    Ghostface Killah/Wu-Tang Clan/RZA/GZA/Inspectah Deck/Method Man/Raekwon/ODB/Masta Killa/La the Darkman
    Giant Panda
    Goodie Mob
    Gift of Gab
    Gravediggaz
    Handsome Boy Modelling School
    IAM
    Immortal Technique
    J-Zone
    Jaylib
    J-Live
    Jean Grae
    Jedi Mind Tricks
    Jurassic 5
    KMD/MF Doom/Viktor Vaughn/Dangerdoom/King Geedorah/Madvillan/Monsta Island Czars/MF Grimm
    Latyrx
    Leaders of the New School/Busta Rhymes
    Lifesavas
    Likwit Junkies
    Little Brother
    Living Legends/Murs/Murs and Slug/Murs & 9th Wonder
    Lexicon
    Lyrics Born

M through Z another day. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

DOLEMAN wrote:
    When I compare the likes of NWA, Ice-t, etc. with the stuff that's out today, I find it hard to stay motivated and keep looking for good material.

Everything seems so ...marketed, commerical, fake, unimaginative, blah.

Busta Rhymes is really the only artist who I can listen to, but he's actually an old school kind of guy.

Can anyone recommend any original, not-aiming-at-teenagers, rappers??

Besides my own and Makaveli's posts,the best new group for ages is Cunninlynguists.Really brilliant,and they have put out plenty of stuff.

The best new(ish)/upcoming MC's are the likes of Papoose(he was on the Touch It Remix with Busta,serious lyricist)Saigon,Trife,Spot and One Be Lo.

But really Makaveli's list covers a lot of ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 djeoinc

your never to old to listen to rap ye there alot of commercial **** no one says you have to listen to it thats the way the rap industry has gone im certainly not depending on all the 50 cents and G units and all this commercial **** to be the future of rap, that **** will sound lame as **** in 4 yrs time theyll be forgoten about in 8 yrs time **** em all, shower of faggots like theres loadsa other artists out there that are not a big advertising nike trainer campaign

Advertisement