Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop advice

Options
  • 22-04-2006 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi,
    I know you get loads of questions like these but I don't really know where to start.
    I need a laptop for college, mainly. It doesn't have to be all that mobile or have a big screen. I need it for wireless internet access and word processing. I'd like a fairly decent memory and for it not to crash if I try and use more than one program at a time! I don't need a DVD player or CD burner but I would like to listen to music on it. I'd like to spend as little as possible, preferably under €850. What kind of specifications should I be looking for? Where would be a good place to try? other than Dell
    Thanks for your time.
    Val

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Dell 1300 - for 499 yo yos I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭sweno

Yip as above... Go to dell.ie and you can customise the Inspiron 1300 to suit yourself, cheapest you can go is 499. Oh one thing tho, it works out alot cheaper to buy more RAM from someone else such as shop4memory.com and install it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Check out the dell outlet on www.dell.ie theres some handy cheapo laptops if you keep your eyes peeled

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Thanks a million guys.

Advertisement