Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seeing 2 girls - which one?

Options
  • 22-04-2006 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I hit it off with a girl in work and snogged her at a work do around a month ago. We always got on well, and flirted like mad, so this was great. She made it clear she wouldn't mind us being "more than friends" and hoped we could go out again.
    We've only gone out once since, as she's been pretty busy ( valid enough reasons).
    One minute she can be totally affectionate, the next it seems like she just blanks me. I know she's a bit stressed about other things, so I'm not sure where we stand at the mo.

Cue girl no.2 - met her last week for a drink as hadn't seen her in a while. I tried it on with her before a couple of years ago (got knocked back), but we still were good mates. I didnt expect anything to happen when we met, but we just clicked so well and one drink let to another...

Now she wants to meet up again. Any other time, I'd be jumping at the chance to go out with this girl, but I still don't know where I am with the girl from work. Both are really lovely girls and I hate to hurt either of them.

There is a very high chance I get found out about this due to links with friends and family, so there's nearly pressure on the pick one and drop the other, but I'm still not sure which suits me best yet... I feel I need more time with both, but I know this is going to be weird and awkward.

This is just typical... you look around for a while and then 2 amazing girls come at me at once.

(we're mid 20s btw).

What the heck do I do?

I guess I'm worried I hurt either of them or be left with nothing after this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

feast or famine eh?!

I get the feeling your a little bit more interested in the girl from work(might be wrong)...but if this is the case I think you should consider putting it to the girl in work about how she sees you and try to suss out whether theres a future relationship there but to be honest Id only do this if you consider her to have the potential to be the perfect girlfriend....

I say this because i used to work in an office job a few years back and while it seemed great at the time i realised afterwards that getting involved with girls in work is usually a bad idea ...

Also if the girl from work is being a little cold with you then its her own fault if she loses out on you - I say go out with this other girl again and just keep it casual for the time being

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

You're not going out with or commited to either girl. You're in your mid twenties and on the "dating scene", there's no harm in meeting up with two girls and weighing up your options.

Make it clear to each girl that your just hanging out, and sooner or later one might develop into something more serious and then you can let the other know "it's better if we're just friends".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just play it cool for a while, it's early days yet.
    Then when something 'blosssoms', go with whichever one it blossoms with.

Thought I'd be skeptical about the workplace thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You sound young so I would suggest enjoy yourself have fun live a little shag one on the Friday the other on the Saturday why not, play the game this way you will find out wo you really want to be with maybe none of them so just go for it dont think so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

DubGuy wrote:
    You're not going out with or commited to either girl. You're in your mid twenties and on the "dating scene", there's no harm in meeting up with two girls and weighing up your options.

Make it clear to each girl that your just hanging out, and sooner or later one might develop into something more serious and then you can let the other know "it's better if we're just friends".
    Exactly! Its not as if you are commited to either so its no harm going on a couple of dates.However dont drag it out or you could loose both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the replies folks - I think you all pretty much hit the nail on the head.

It's well early days and I should be enjoying this and not worrying over it.
    The next week or so should be fun.
    Feast or famine... it sure is! I wasn't really looking for a good while and 2 crackers come along at once.
    Life aint so bad I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

He might not be 'commited' but if it strings out too long and one finds out about the other then he's ****ed.

Advertisement