Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important Announcement re. BSOP

Options
  • 21-04-2006 3:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭

O.k. Guys sorry but I'm scrapping it. The BSOP worked in the past because when people committed to it they literally made themselves available as often as possible. Unfotunately saying you can play Wednesday or Thurday and Saturday evenings etc. can't cut it. Just won't work. I'm not blaming anyone I'm just accepting the realities. The big question now is what to do with the remaining cash. I/We need to decide what to do to play for it. We could also give some to Dave's charity. I'm going to count it when I go home and that plus whatever Roryc has to give me will have to be awarded somehow. Rory also has an amount for last months final which I think should still be played for seperately.
    I'm not giving this up because of the work involved. I would like to put some time into an online league of some kind. I don't want to step on Nicky's toes but if either Nicky or myself organised it again it would work better because of the convenience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

have to agree, unless there was a big increase in numbers this month (and its already 21st) I was going to give up anyway. Happy enough to play online, but I think most people here play each other enough online. Maybe run a live MTT game once every 3 months in the Fitz or something and go on the beer after, keeping it to a Saturday to help the clucihes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ollieboy wrote:
    clucihes

:) I'm gonna have to start calling Mick that from now on.

sorry....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭fixer

I'm in Ireland for another 2 weeks. let's have a final playoff night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ollieboy wrote:
    clucihes

You should be 'dissapoint' at that!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭The Gecko

Lets do a final playoff,

With regards to running it fix a date for the last week of May and try get the Fitz.

We could restrict it to anyone that paid in to the first or second heat

However we could open up the final tourney to those who missed out as follows:

If you played in both heats = Free Enty
    One heat only = €25.00 Entry
    No heats played = €50.00 Entry

This means the cash invested will be the same for everyone we may get a few extra runners to bump up my prize fund:D

What yeah think Kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Ollieboy wrote:
    Maybe run a live MTT game once every 3 months in the Fitz or something and go on the beer after, keeping it to a Saturday.

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The Gecko wrote:
    What yeah think Kids?

Good idea Gecko. I'm looking for suggestions/agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

im up for that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I like the idea of a live MTT game once every 3 months.

• Advertisement

The Gecko wrote:
    Lets do a final playoff,

With regards to running it fix a date for the last week of May and try get the Fitz.

We could restrict it to anyone that paid in to the first or second heat

However we could open up the final tourney to those who missed out as follows:

If you played in both heats = Free Enty
    One heat only = €25.00 Entry
    No heats played = €50.00 Entry

This means the cash invested will be the same for everyone we may get a few extra runners to bump up my prize fund:D

What yeah think Kids?

yeh, its fine with me, just set a weekend date and thats it.

Also, lets have something every 3 months, with a small trophy, which gets pass by the player to the new champ.

Ollieboy wrote:
    yeh, its fine with me, just set a weekend date and thats it.

Also, lets have something every 3 months, with a small trophy, which gets pass by the player to the new champ.

Good idea about the cup.....but we are missing a cup already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

optional venue in DIT from mid may onwards if you cant get the fitz or the merrion to take this tournement.. any saturday would prob suit most, and plenty of pubs nearby too for after...

was thinking about this and surely the purpose of all this is for boards poker players to play other boards poker players.... effectively a weekly boards tournament. what i was thinking if musician or whoever every week or every other week posted in a BOARDS WEEKLY TOURNAMENT sticky which poor unfortunate established dublin tournement will have to deal with a handful of boarders turning up to take it down... i.e on week anyone who is interested plays the wednesday 75 double chance in the emporium.. then the next week maybe oscars game on sunday in the fitz... then the following week the Tuesday vegas nights game in churchtown... it means that every week or every other week there could be the opportunity for tournament play between boarders who are available on that given night and there'd be some great last longest bets, and plenty of drinking at the vegas nights games! some weeks there may be only 2 or 3 boarders playing, other nights 10+... might this work?? any thoughts?!?

was thinking about this and surely the purpose of all this is for boards poker players to play other boards poker players.... effectively a weekly boards tournament. what i was thinking if musician or whoever every week or every other week posted in a BOARDS WEEKLY TOURNAMENT sticky which poor unfortunate established dublin tournement will have to deal with a handful of boarders turning up to take it down... i.e on week anyone who is interested plays the wednesday 75 double chance in the emporium.. then the next week maybe oscars game on sunday in the fitz... then the following week the Tuesday vegas nights game in churchtown... it means that every week or every other week there could be the opportunity for tournament play between boarders who are available on that given night and there'd be some great last longest bets, and plenty of drinking at the vegas nights games! some weeks there may be only 2 or 3 boarders playing, other nights 10+... might this work?? any thoughts?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Ollieboy wrote:
    Maybe run a live MTT game once every 3 months in the Fitz or something and go on the beer after, keeping it to a Saturday to help the clucihes

Any chance of this happening??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

So whats happening with this then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

ditpoker wrote:

Great idea. Name the Venue, the Friday night scalps game in the Fitz could be good, with a €10 last longer side bet going. It would be funny on the discussions board on the Monday though, it would go something like "Playing in the Fitz Scalps game and this Muppet......er........ sorry "Smurph" decided to call my preflop raise on the button with 8c9c" ..........lol.

Well I have €800 and Rory has some cash as well. I suggest we arrange a tourney at an agreed time and place with stacks being dependent on how much money you put into the BSOP and also on how you performed up to where it was scrapped. I'm open to suggestions etc. but of course we will probably go through the usual 2 weeks of trying to agree a time and place amongst us flexible BSOP players.

musician wrote:
    Well I have €800 and Rory has some cash as well. I suggest we arrange a tourney at an agreed time and place with stacks being dependent on how much money you put into the BSOP and also on how you performed up to where it was scrapped. I'm open to suggestions etc. but of course we will probably go through the usual 2 weeks of trying to agree a time and place amongst us flexible BSOP players.

2 weeks, a month at minimum...

• Advertisement

• sat may 20th...
    • DIT Aungier St...
    • €40+€10 (€10 going to the onepercentpledge.com) freezeout...
    • guarenteed prize pool of 800 (provided by musician/rory)
    • anyone who contributed to this €800 gets a €15 discount on entry, i.e. 25 entry + 10 to big d's charity!
    • start 2pm, 20-25 min blinds, over by 9pm.
    • karlh and everyone at paddypower can donate loads of free spot prizes!!!
    • players must be registered on boards.ie to play.
    • 10% paid
    • tables are beautifully hand crafted elm table tops... i.e. canteen tables! final table on poker table!
    • perhaps green joker poker or vn might bring a table or two!! hmmmm!?!?

its fun, its friendly, its after my exams, its zero rake, its boards only, i think its during shoutman's exams so he cant play which is great, and people can walk across to the pub when they get outplayed by students on their own turf!! heheheheh! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

ditpoker wrote:
    its fun, its friendly, its after my exams, its zero rake, its boards only
    .......its the heiniken cup final :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

BigDragon wrote:

Sure thats on every year, would you ever think of the children :p

BigDragon wrote:

goddammit... bleedin' egg chasing! foreign sport so it is!! :rolleyes:

given that the egg chasing cup final will probably be considered important by some, my random choice of date is open for discussion.. this of course wouldnt have to be a saturday if some else offered a venue!
    sat may 27th? or is that the ice hockey world championhship or some such nonsense! :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭The Gecko

Did this ever happen. What was the result?

I still have the BSOP cash. I assume rory still has his cash. Nothing has happened yet. I still doubt the boardsies ability to organise anything but am also still open to suggestion.

musician wrote:
    I still doubt the boardsies ability to organise anything but am also still open to suggestion.

We can organize a world cup sweepstake,a diet competition with side bets,we can send two teams to a poker event there have been a far few drinking meet ups.Surely you bunch of bums and do this...?:)

Not to sound a bit weird but what cash am I meant to have? As far as I remember, in each heat 50% of the cash went into the prizefund and 50% goes to the grand final.

I think all the money from the first heat went to the grand final, so I presumed all the money from our heat went to the prizefund. It doesn't sound right now but it worked out at the time... Im not sure why but I though all the money went into the prizefund. Maybe the other players in the heat can clear things up...

Anyway, its a long time ago and I cant remember exactly what happened so if you could tell me how much was meant to go to the final, ill bring that amount down to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

The money that Rory had was for the final for that month, Muso had the money from our heat which was going towards the grand final. We had to do it that way instead of a 50/50 split because there was only money from one heat at the final

"The money was only resting in my account" and so on and so forth...

• Advertisement

did we not play the final?

so how much do i owe

Advertisement