Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats my laptop worth

Options
  • 21-04-2006 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to sell my laptop over the next few weeks and was wondering what you think its worth.

Spec is a follows:

Asus M6Va (V70Va)
    * 1.73Ghz Pentium M processor
    * Ati X700 128Mb 15.4" Screen
    * 1.5Gb DDR2 PC5300 RAM, 1X512 & 1X1024
    * 60gb Hd and 40gb Hd in a removable tray that swaps out with the Dvd drive
    * DVD+-RW Dual Optical Drive
    * BlueTooth module
    * Intel 2200 Wireless
    * Laptop bag that came with it
    * its about 5 months old, got few marks on the cover, screen is scratchless
    * Battery does me on average 4-4.5Hrs
    * Dummy tray for when you dont use the dvd drive or 2nd hd

What you think it could be worth? I'll not mention how much i paid for it yet as im curious how much i might loose on it.

Jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nice machine. 900-1000 I'd say...maybe more...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You will loose a lot! Laptops do not hold their value as much any more since you can get them almost as cheap as PC's!
    I know my Dell P4 3.06 ghz with geforce 6600 64mb i got in sept 2003 is worth feck all now... compared to what i paid for it. I paid about 2k or so (with 4 year onsite on special) 2 months later you could get laptops for below a grand and soon after €700 Still mine is very fast even by todays standards so will not be selling any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I originally bought it because i needed it for college which is over end may, i still have 2 more years after this to go thou.

Now my friend is looking for a laptop and he said he'd buy mine. I'm not likely to need it over summer as i have a better spec pc and it wont get used much if at all (bit of a waste really).

If i would sell it that would mean i lost about 60odd euro a month on it.
    And i would need to look for a new one before september. (Those dual core cpu look interesting :cool: )

Going to give this a think over i think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

jozi wrote:
    I originally bought it because i needed it for college which is over end may, i still have 2 more years after this to go thou.

Now my friend is looking for a laptop and he said he'd buy mine. I'm not likely to need it over summer as i have a better spec pc and it wont get used much if at all (bit of a waste really).

If i would sell it that would mean i lost about 60odd euro a month on it.
    And i would need to look for a new one before september. (Those dual core cpu look interesting :cool: )

Going to give this a think over i think

More of a case then that you got the use of a laptop for €60 a month - glass half full / half empty sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I think im better of holding on to it. Nothing wrong with it tbh.

Bit more storage and a better wifi module is all i really want for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement