Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] Alias - The last 8 episodes [spoilers]

Options
  • 21-04-2006 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭

So might as well start a new thread on this. The first 2 episodes of the last run were shown on US TV on Wednesday night. So what do people think?
    The infiltration at the start of the first episode was classic Alias - exciting, funny ("Oops... forgot to press enter!") and clever.

The operation in Vancouver was also very well done. Scenes with Syd, Irina and Jack are always good fun to watch.

And that ending? I knew it was coming, but I can't wait to see how it is explained....

With episode 100 next week (and 6 more episodes altogether), I'm expecting great things from the last 5 weeks of this brilliant brilliant show.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. really enjoyed them!

Caught up by watching all 5 and a half seasons in the last 2 months.
    Yes, it is absolutely no surprise that Vaughn re-appeared. In a way, i'm just hoping against a typical happy ending. The only reason i can think for Vaughn going into hiding was to protect Syd and the baby from his past.

Loved the operation in Langley - very exciting stuff, am impressed more and more with Rachel and Tom in the show and excellent to see Weisz back.

I've mixed feelings about Irina - it's not that i never really liked her character but i feel Lena Olin typically plays her quite unevenly..

And looking forward to next week as it's written by the excellent Drew Goddard. And just a small spoiler for next week,
    Will Tippen
    and
    Anna Espenoza
    are back for the 100th!

I will be very sad to see it end to be honest!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

According to epguides.com there's only 4 episodes left.. where'd ya here there's six more?

Anyhooo
    enjoyed it as well. Loved Marshall's over-acting in Langley.

Like Derveko's manipulation and it'd be nice to think that she really just wanted to save Syd's baby and nothing to do with prophecy. The Prophet Six stuff is still a bit murky and I'm not sure how I like it being used in the finale in favour of four seasons worth of Rambaldi mythos. Hopefully the two will tie in together - maybe the location, for this rebirth, is where Rambaldi is himself? Never was convinced that we saw him killed in S1.

Spy Daddy and Syd were, as ever, great together. He really went after that director, all protective, when he found out the truth.

The new cast - still not feeling the love so much. Oh well...

After watching this show since the beginning on Sky (I tell a lie, since Episode 2), it's kinda scary but great to see it enter its home run...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

98. 5-10 19 Apr 06 S.O.S.
    99. 5-11 19 Apr 06 Maternal Instinct
    100. 5-12 26 Apr 06 There's Only One Sydney Bristow
    101. 5-13 3 May 06 30 Seconds
    102. 5-14 10 May 06 I See Dead People
    103. 5-15 17 May 06 No Hard Feelings

The season finale is not listed on epguides.

5-16 - 22nd May 06 - Reprisal (Part 1 of the 2-hour series finale)
    5-17 - 22nd May 06 - All the Time in the World (Part 2 of the 2-hour series finale)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Only six episodes left? Damn, didn't know it was ending so quickly.

That was a good double episode though, classic Alias stuff. I hadn't heard about
    Vaughn
    at the end of the 2nd episode so that was a complete surprise to me. Looking forward to the rest of them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

personally i was let down by them not killing off vaugn, & im just kinda waiting for the show to end, its been kinda dragging on too long for a while now, but i will still watch it to see what they do with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

ixoy wrote:
    The Prophet Six stuff is still a bit murky and I'm not sure how I like it being used in the finale in favour of four seasons worth of Rambaldi mythos. Hopefully the two will tie in together - maybe the location, for this rebirth, is where Rambaldi is himself? Never was convinced that we saw him killed in S1.

From what I've read, the two do indeed tie in together but that it was meant to be a much slower reveal that has now been cut down since the number of episodes was cut too.

i would be shocked if it wasnt about rambaldi, the show has always been about him, i just think they have dragged him out way too long, always finding new rambaldi devices & re-using that big sphere thingy but never really explaining it other than it makes certain people go nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

And people complain about the lack of answers in Lost - look at Alias. I have no doubt the last 6 eps of Alias will be fantastic based on the excellent double episode last week.

Was it just me, or was episode 100 a bit of a letdown? I was expecting better. I really have to stop reading f**king spoilers 2 months before seeing the actual episode. Nothing was a surprise. :(
    Good to see Will back, good to have Rambaldi back, great to see Anna back. Syd vs. Anna could (and should) have been as intense as the S2 finale, but wasn't. Syd vs. Syd could kick ass, though... can't wait to see how they do that. The company nannies were great (loved the attache case!), and there were some fun lines, but.... I dunno.... I was expecting more.

I have to try and stay away from spoiler sites for the next month. :(

Enjoyed it myself!

But
    that episode title ('There's Only One Sydney Bristow') was a bit of a give-away - knew what they were up to soon after the fight with Anna.

And thoroughly enjoyed Tippen and his always-excellent lines being back. And always enjoy the re-apperance of Anna (even though Gina Torre's accent in the cell at the beginning was atrocious).

Was expecting the companies nannies to be gay lovers who wanted a child or something.. just seemed like it would make sense. But think it's just due to the 'Arrested Development' episode with the two gay cops who want to adopt.

Anyways.. enjoyed the episode. Nothing amazing but thoroughly enjoying the re-appearance of Anna and Will. Regarding Syd (Version 2).. i'm not sure how they'll handle it. It'd be difficult without making it thoroughly far-fetched but enjoyable nonetheless.

So, will Nadia be back in it soon.. somehow i don't think what Sloane got will heal her

• Advertisement

Unlike others, I don't read spoilers. I never ever understood why people don't want the actual fun of seeing it onscreen... yer mad TmB - mads!!

Now I enjoyed it then as a result!
    Anna was a nice surprise, as was Will. I had forgotten it was episode 100.

Bad Wheels told me Rambaldi was forthcoming but, to be fair, I'd have been surprised to have seen it dropped. Maybe now we'll see how these two plotlines merge properly with the whole Syd prophecy. And yay! The number 47! F**k you 'Lost' - the original number whore is back!

So... Annydney to fufill the prophecy? After all she'll have the same DNA as Sydney. And thus Prophet Six will, I'm guessing, move into a position to take control of a new world order! Yay!

Really liked nearly everything about this one - the only slight letdown being the Syd vs Anna fight not being on a par with S2's finale. But then no fight I've ever seen on screen has been able to compete with that...

Roll on next week!

ixoy wrote:
    Unlike others, I don't read spoilers. I never ever understood why people don't want the actual fun of seeing it onscreen... yer mad TmB - mads!!

It's an illness - can't stop reading them.
    No seriously - I'm staying spoiler free for the rest of the episodes based on this last ep. Even the fecking episode title was a spoiler.

The worst spoiler was last summer when the week before
    2x01 of Lost it was revealed what was in the hatch and the flashback connection with Jack
    . I've never regretted clicking on a forum thread as much as I did that day.

I can top your worst spoiler easily. I was reading Televisionwithoutpity's review of the S1 Smallville finale. They had a poll at the side going something like this:

Which S1 finale had the best twist?

[*] <stuff>
    [*] Teri Bauer is killed in the last minute

I wasn't happy reading that spoiler. Not one bit...

Haha - mad coincidence.
    The same thing happened to me - Read the exact same thing on aintitcool news - was gutted as I was watching the show on BBC at the time and it was only about half way through the season.

I was more gutted about the Lost spoiler though.

Sorry for going OT -
    hopefully Nadia will wake up next week - she seems to have been forgotten by everyone except Sloane

Meh to the "Lost" one - it was neat but didn't have too much of an impact other than that.

Anyways, I assume Nadia will wake up. They want all the players back for the finale. Wouldn't it be cool if Nadia wakes up and finds Sydney beside her only it's really FauxSydney? Then FauxSydney could direct Nadia - who is actually the Passenger into the final endgame?

2 words: Bloody Hell.

This series is going out in style, baby!

Ain't watched it yet but after that reaction.. i'm looking forward to it!

:D

Dammit I accidentally clicked on the TWOP recaplet and saw:
    Bye Bye Nadia so I knew she'd buy it...

But didn't know the other death was coming at all then so that was a nice surprise :D

Sloane has gone to the dark side, irrevocably. This is going to be very interesting, especially with full-on Rambaldi mode. Will he meet Derevko soon or what's happening there? And what's the plan with FauxSydney? Ohhh the chills...

And loved Marshall explaining the plan using Mitchell's toys and Jack's expressions - HAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Two deaths! Somehow I didn't really care about Nadia, probably because she hasn't been in it much, but Rene was a real shock. She should have realised the faux-Sydney had different clothes on. Plus, I wouldn't have thought Rene would let someone get the jump on her so easily. Perhaps she just let her guard down around Syd.

Finally Sloane re-embraces his true side, he just had to though since it is who he is.

I'd give 5x14 a solid 7 or 8.
    I suppose in hindsight, the most obvious path for the Vaughan thing to take would be that Jack and Syd always knew that he was still alive. It makes the most sense. I felt a bit cheated, though.... maybe I was expecting something more elaborate.

The scenes with Sloane and his (guilty?) conscience (in the form of Nadia) were fairly well done. Lets hope thats an end to it now and move on.

I'm sorry they didn't do more with Anna/Syd. Feels a tiny bit like a wasted opportunity. Looks like it was all a plot mechanism to get Vaughan back into the story, and Syd close to Sloane....

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

Another good episode this week!
    Enjoyed seeing Sark back again. Definantly the best enemy featured in the show.

What will Sloane do next?

Kinda hope it's not specifically a happy ending for Sydney and Vaughn.. i'm sure it will be but i'd like something in there to spice it up / make potentially a bit rocky for them - but that's just the bitterness in me coming out! :D

According to my trusty calendar, double episode on Monday to finish off the series.

Can't wait til Monday.. but am actually very sad the show is ending. It's been pretty consistent over 5 seasons with the 4th season probably being my least favourite but it's been brillant overall.

PS - best line of this week's episode:
    "please help the beautiful man!"
    :D

Liked this one too... I wonder if the pendant
    contains some kind of elixir for eternal life, and 'the rose' was actually Rambaldi? It explains the drawing on the cell wall.....

Double Alias, Double 24 and Double Lost next week..... happy days. :)

I was kind of right with my last prediction...

Anyhoo, great way to end a great series. The last 2 episodes were a little bit too dense for my taste - they seemed to visit about 15 different places, and they seemed to be using teleporters (especially Sark and Sloane).

As for what happened, well...
    Didn't give a crap about Tom (his eyebrow kinda annoyed me, anyway). Sloanes fate was fantastic... I loved where he ended up. Sorry to see Jack die, but it was fate I suppose - Sydney will always believe that she put an end to Sloane....

Irina? Meh... cameo. Nothing more.

I hate the way it was cut short, though. If they'd used the full 22 episode run, they could have told a better story. Instead they rushed everything (and it definitely felt rushed).

We never found out if that old guy in Italy was Rambaldi... I assume he was, but it was only implied.

And that whole thing around the mountain in Umbria made no sense whatsoever. What did Sloane find? What was the amulet for?

Ah well..... very enjoyable ending (if not slightly frustrating).

Any other thoughts?

let down by it, was really hoping for an apocolyptic ending. & what was the point of the sphere thata irina had? what was it for?

but yea it did feel rushed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kind getting into this, every weeknight on sky1 at like 3am, some series just finished. :)
    It's pretty god or I just don't care what is on at that time...

Advertisement