Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Googles DaVinci Code Quest

Options
  • 21-04-2006 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭

I'm really enjoying googles DaVinci Code Quest, which started earlier this week (its on day 4 now). Every day, you have to answer a logic puzzle - they've been pretty easy so far, but its a nice way to start the day!

If you haven't been doing them, you can answer all the puzzles up to todays one (which is the 4th one). Prizes are pretty good too.

To start, go here: http://flash.sonypictures.com/movies/davincicodequest/

If you are using http://www.google.com/ig as your homepage, you can add the quest as a module on the page.

Oh, and its pretty safe to say that its broadband only! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

TmB wrote:
    I'm really enjoying googles DaVinci Code Quest, which started earlier this week (its on day 4 now). Every day, you have to answer a logic puzzle - they've been pretty easy so far, but its a nice way to start the day!

If you haven't been doing them, you can answer all the puzzles up to todays one (which is the 4th one). Prizes are pretty good too.

To start, go here: http://flash.sonypictures.com/movies/davincicodequest/

If you are using http://www.google.com/ig as your homepage, you can add the quest as a module on the page.

Oh, and its pretty safe to say that its broadband only! :)

thanks, for that. a few nice little puzzles there. now to see if i can make it to the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anaiyela

I started doing this yesterday, Its pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Oh God No. Addiction has already set in, and finals starting on Tue! Ugh, I'm up to the second Sudoku-style puzzle but am too tired to get it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Almost done on this, just 2 puzzles to go.

The symbol ones were all very simple sudoku puzzles. Even the last one was pretty logical and easy to do. I thought they'd get harder, but I suppose they want as many people to finish the quest as possible.

The restoration ones (moving pieces of dirt to leave one on the board) probably gave me the most difficulty. I'm not 100% sure all were solvable - I had to 'get new puzzle' a good few times (especially on the last one).

The curator (hanging pictures) was fun, but again I'm not sure all were solvable.

Chess: Very easy. Just google the answers.

Geography: Also very easy. No challenge at all in the map part, and the question at the end was easily googled.

Observation: Mini trailer for the DVC. Simple observation, with a bit of googling tossed in.

All in all, it was a fun way to spend 10 minutes every day.
    How did everyone else get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I'm quite liking it. Great fun

Hate the dot ones

the last one nearly killed me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

Great quiz, thanks OP. I'm having alot f trouble with the 2nd observation one. Its the Silas viseo, the last question says that during the clip alot of things are smashed etc. but asks 'what will ultimately be broken?' I presumed its the code that will be broken but Im wrong. Whats the name of the dial thing with 26 letters on each of the 5 rings? Is that the answer or am I way off? Thanks

It was a while ago, but I think its 'silence'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

TmB wrote:
    It was a while ago, but I think its 'silence'.

Thanks a million, that was wrecking my head for ages. Went in to complete it yesterday and its over. Anyone know if theres somewhere you can still answer the questions even though I'm too late for the competition?

I don't think so, Jimmidy....

When I finished it yesterday morning, I was taken to a registration form. A bit of an anticlimax. :)

Advertisement