Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tennis clubs / dublin

Options
  • 21-04-2006 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Is there any tennis clubs in south dublin that don't have a high membership fee and accept begineers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Depends what you regard as high?
    How about http://www.mountpleasantltc.ie/membership.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jobs

mambo wrote: »
    Depends what you regard as high?
    How about http://www.mountpleasantltc.ie/membership.htm
    What is their price?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

See the link "Subscription rates and Application Form" at the above page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Most clubs accept beginners, just contact them to get information on pricing. Mt. Pleasant is one of the more expensive clubs in that area so if price is a major factor you would be better off looking to a smaller club. However, quality of facilities may also be a factor so paying more might be worth it to you. In the area around Mt P (Ranelagh) there are numerous clubs including LCC (Lower Rathmines) Stratford (Rathmines) Brookfield (Upper Rathmines) Rathgar, and Ashbrook (off Rathgar Road). Loads around the Blackrock area too, south Dublin is littered with them and everyone you ask is likely to say their own club would be the best one for you! There's a list here:
    http://www.leinstertennis.ie/club.php?county=Dublin
    Best thing to do is pick out a few that are handy for you and give them a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cricketchick

Does anyone know anything about Riversdale Tennis Club in Glasnevin/Ballymun? I drive past it the whole time but can't find any info on the web or on the tennis ireland website. It's so close to my house and I'd love to get involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭smallgarden

hey just wondering if you had any luck finding somewhere,tried few months back to find something similar but alot have high membership fees and waiting lists,just looking to learn to play tennis in social environment

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gor

hey just wondering if you had any luck finding somewhere,tried few months back to find something similar but alot have high membership fees and waiting lists,just looking to learn to play tennis in social environment

check out lcc - www.lcctennis.net

Phone the office, membership for a year for new members is 200 euro - there is no joining fee. Social tennis is on thursday nights. Ask if you can turn up one of these nights to suss out the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭smallgarden

hey thanks for your reply gor,does the social tennis cost much?is it easy to join as new player.ive never played tennis before

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gor

hey thanks for your reply gor,does the social tennis cost much?is it easy to join as new player.ive never played tennis before

it's easy to join as a new member. coaching is also available, I think there's an offer again for new members. Coaching is available at all levels (in groups or individual) - beginer and upwards.

the social tennis doesn't cost anything. However, there are some social tennis events that run over a few weeks that have prizes at the end and for these there's a nominal entry fee - 10 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 califfo

Would anyone know of people interested in Friendly challenges for singles practice of a stand around class 3? Wondering about clubs in the Dublin north area/meath area. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

califfo wrote: »
    Would anyone know of people interested in Friendly challenges for singles practice of a stand around class 3? Wondering about clubs in the Dublin north area/meath area. Thanks.

Yes, I am and I just sent you a private message.

For everyone else.

I am based in Dunboyne. If anyone fancy a hit please send me a private message. I am a class 5 player. I should be good enough for a practice/hit with.

Cheer,
    David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 liamdixon

Galego wrote: »
    Yes, I am and I just sent you a private message.

For everyone else.

I am based in Dunboyne. If anyone fancy a hit please send me a private message. I am a class 5 player. I should be good enough for a practice/hit with.

Cheer,
    David
    Hi I am looking for someone to have a hit with . I am in the Ongar area. Please reply if you are interested, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 liamdixon

califfo wrote: »

Hello there. I would be interested in playing . I am in the Ongar area. Reply back to me if you are interested in organising something!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 ctennis

Glenageary Lawn Tennis Club is located on Silchester Road, Glenageary, Co. Dublin. It is currently open for membership and caters for all standards of players. Beginners are especially welcome. We have a fantastic coaching program and beginners can avail of private coaching or subsidised group coaching.
    See our website http://www.glenagearyltc.ie
    Regards,
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

gor wrote: »
    check out lcc - www.lcctennis.net

Phone the office, membership for a year for new members is 200 euro - there is no joining fee. Social tennis is on thursday nights. Ask if you can turn up one of these nights to suss out the place.

Seems like a good club but it doesnt say where the club is situated?. Even in the 'About the club' section?

Seems like a good club but it doesnt say where the club is situated?. Even in the 'About the club' section?
    The location and contacts links on the page give full address/map. It's in Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Johnmb wrote: »
    The location and contacts links on the page give full address/map. It's in Rathmines.

Do'h missed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

can anybody tell me if all these clubs are generally year long memberships only or pay per play?

--LOS-- wrote: »
    can anybody tell me if all these clubs are generally year long memberships only or pay per play?
    All clubs are year long memberships. Some will do shorter term memberships if you ask, but will need a good reason and proof to back it up (e.g. here for 6 months on a study visa or something). There are pay per play courts in a number of the public parks, and some (but very few) clubs may have some courts for public hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Johnmb wrote: »
    All clubs are year long memberships. Some will do shorter term memberships if you ask, but will need a good reason and proof to back it up (e.g. here for 6 months on a study visa or something). There are pay per play courts in a number of the public parks, and some (but very few) clubs may have some courts for public hire.

Thanks, I'm not interested in getting a year long membership, just want to play for fun and not sure how much I'd use it yet but I believe you can pay per hour at the albert college park courts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tornado79

Which Dublin club: Lansdowne, Bective, Mount Pleasant or St Mary's Donnybrook?

I'm getting back into playing tennis after many years of laziness - all three of these clubs are near where I live and work, and I'm very keen to get back playing regularly.

I am in my early 30s and I played a lot as a junior - now I'm hoping to find a nice, open friendly club with people in or around my own age. I will be joining on my own as my husband isn't into tennis, so I need to find a place that will be welcoming and non-cliquey. I would have a slight preference towards singles as opposed to doubles matches.

In terms of location and cost it seems to be much of a muchness between Lansdowne and Mount Pleasant, with Bective and St Mary's a little cheaper - so it really boils down to which is the most fun / friendly.

I'm not from Dublin, so any feedback on the clubs would be greatly appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 source1

I'd have to say that bective ltc in donnybrook is friendliest club around. I know I should say that as I'm a member there for a few years but the welcoming friendly atmosphere is something that we're genuinely proud of. It's a smallish adult only club so no problem getting a court. Club/social night is Thursdays during the summer for members and guests, website has details :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lental

Hello everyone,
    I'm a newcomer in Dublin, very keen on playing tennis (ITN 4... maybe 3). After being settled, my second aim is to find a place where to enjoy this sport. I'm thinking on joining a club but, at the same time, would like to find someone to have a hit with.
    Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭czrewor

Hi I am based in Ballyfermot, but can travel around, have been in DCU courts before, I'm beginner, let me know if anyone wants to play me, thanks alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MtPleasantLTC

Tornado79 wrote: »
    Which Dublin club: Lansdowne, Bective, Mount Pleasant or St Mary's Donnybrook?

I'm getting back into playing tennis after many years of laziness - all three of these clubs are near where I live and work, and I'm very keen to get back playing regularly.

I am in my early 30s and I played a lot as a junior - now I'm hoping to find a nice, open friendly club with people in or around my own age. I will be joining on my own as my husband isn't into tennis, so I need to find a place that will be welcoming and non-cliquey. I would have a slight preference towards singles as opposed to doubles matches.

In terms of location and cost it seems to be much of a muchness between Lansdowne and Mount Pleasant, with Bective and St Mary's a little cheaper - so it really boils down to which is the most fun / friendly.

I'm not from Dublin, so any feedback on the clubs would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Tornado,
    We at Mount Pleasant pride ourselves on being a social, fun club with a calendar packed full of social and tennis events! We are reknown for being a friendly club, but you'll have to do your own survey to confirm that!
    We are having an Open Day on 7th July from 12-4 where people like yourself can drop in and see what we're all about.
    Details are available here on our website:-
    http://www.mountpleasantltc.ie/club-news/general-news/866-open-day-7th-july-12-4-everyone-welcome.html
    Check out our facebook page too to get a flavour of all the events that are going on.
    Look forward to your visit!
    Dee

Advertisement