Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallins/Naas/Kill to Sandyford

Options
  • 20-04-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

I might be getting an offer of a job in Sandyford Industrial Estate, I live in Sallins.
    Could anybody tell me what time I would have to leave any of the areas above to make it for 8.30 or 9am

Would an hour and half do it?

Also how long to get home?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

you haven't mentioned how you'll be travelling, car, bus, train?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Thanks

By Car,
    Joining the Naas road at Blackchurch and up to the M50 and then up to Sandyford

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Brian21156

Between 6.30 and 7.0. I used to travel from Curragh to Sandyford every morning before road works began on Naas Rd or the completion of the M50. I have since moved to Dublin and get the Luas which only takes 15 mins.

Brian is that how long it took you to get to Sandyford from Curragh. How long would it take yo to get past Naas

I had the interview this morning and I left at 6.30 and was there at 7.15
    But I doubt that is a realistic time if i left at say.......7.15
    And also schools are off as well this week.
    ?

I would be in Naas in about 10 mins. The problem was when you got to the exit for Dundrum all traffic was getting off an your only option was to go into Dundrum. This was crazy as you joined all the construction traffic going into Dundrum centre as well as anybody coming from city centre going to Sandyford. I used to come as far as Rathcoole and get on the M50 from Tallaght as could never trust to get through Red Cow. I hear it is much better now and when the N7 widening is finished should be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It might makes sense to turn off at Rathcoole / City West and go via the Tallaght bypass.

Thanks,
    Cutting across at rathcoole sounds like a good idea. I love back roads.

Brian, will that that Drum Martin link road will have improved it.

I would appreciate if anybody else could give me estimates of time as I have the offer now and will probably accept it this evening unless somebody tells me it will be over 4 hours in the car.

Traffic flow has vastly improved in the whole Sandyford area in the last 6 months. It is getting there but there is still more improvements been made by the private developers in the industrial estate. I don't think it will be greater than 4 hrs. Once you get to know all the back roads you shouldn't have any problems doing it in 90mins. Here is another back road to use on way back from Ind Estate:

Get off at the Firhouse Interchange, go down to Firhouse/Old Bawn, after the pub/shopping centre take second left. That will bring you out at Shamrock Rovers proposed new ground on the N81.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

narommy wrote:
    Cutting across at rathcoole sounds like a good idea. I love back roads.
    Not quite back roads, its all national route and most of it is dual carriageway.

From www.viamichelin.com

Blue route, possibily best route for 2am.
    Green routes allow you to avoid Red Cow
    Black route allow you to avoid Tallaght interchange

Advertisement