Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosacea

Options
  • 20-04-2006 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Although my rosacea is mild I would like to get rid of the spider viens I have on my nose. Does anyone know of any effective treatments there are? I've heard of a treatment called IPL? Does anyone know if its any good?

Thanks for your time! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Don't know about getting IPL to get rid of spider veins. Although you say your Rosacea is mild, expect it to get worse. It advances over time as mine did and can be really unsightly. I get IPL in england and its helped loads, though I never had the problems of spider veins, i had pustules and pastules and rhyno. although not entirely cleared up yet after 3 IPL its going well, and have only suffered from 3 flairs since the summer. It hurts like hell though, but it only takes about 15mins a session. Its extremely expensive as well. There are a couple of places that treat Rosacea is Ireland, though I view them with sceptism and wouldnt go there. any clinic that says that can offer 100% clearance in terms of Rosacea arent worth considering in my opinion, and are just out for a quick buck.

Rosacea only advances over time if left untreated. If you do a search on IPL you will see that it is used for liver spots, age spots, freckles, Hair Reduction, Acne, thread veins and rosacea. I can't understand why you would fly to England to get it done! IPL does not hurt and is not used in treating rhyno stage of Rosacea. IPL happens to be supprisingly cheap aswell. I haven't found any clinic's that say they can clear Rosacea 100% as they know its incurable.

I think you should sue your doctor!!

I'll be getting the IPL treaments done (in Ireland) and I'm going to take photos along the way! :)

Well it isnt standard IPL, its IPL with the Lumenis One machine. IPL does hurt like hell if you want to see good results, if your skin was previously in a bad way. The volume gets pumped up on mine, 26 joules, and it is sore, no doubt about that. 50 blasts to the face in a short space of time, one after another, is not very pleasent. Loads of people who know me saw amazing results after my first session, and now people say that as far as they are concerned my Rosacea is gone. But only those who suffer from it know its never gone, and as I said I have had outbreaks since. Usually an outbreak 1 month after each treatment, as soon as get off the Klacid. Once it goes into submission though it aint to be seen again, until bout 1 month after my next treatment.

I find it very strange that you say it is also not used in treating rhymo, and thats it cheaps?? Can I ask what you main characteristics were, how often you flushed, the effect it had on your psyical appearance?? And where in Ireland you are getting treatment. You contradict everything I have to say. If I was to finish this post with one word, I think I would have to use 'troll'. Oh and that I believe you got all your information from:

http://www.dermalaser.ie/face/veins.htm

I didn't mean to come a cross as badly as I may have, I thought it seemed strange that you were getting treated with IPL and hadn't researched it. Any searches I've done on IPL lists up what it is used for.

Also you said expect it to get worse, but it will only get worse if you don't treate it.

I haven't had any flare ups for about 1 year and 6 months now but the last one left me with spider veins on my nose which make my nose look red.

I'm not going to list up the clinic I'm going to or the costs until I've had some treatment done so I can see the results vs cost for myself but I will post back to you know.

I'm sorry if I came across badly in my last post and I glad that your treatment is working for you. :)

Advertisement