Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Buckley anyone?

Options
  • 19-04-2006 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Anyone else a fan of his stuff, got Greetings from L.A. after hearing Jeff Buckley. Think he's been abit overshadowed by Jeff in recent years. Anyone else rate him or able to recommend another few albums to pick up?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Goodbye and Hello is excellent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i have the best of double CD that i bought a good while back, have to say love the songs but hate his voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Starsailor is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

From what I've heard i prefer Jeff

might get Starsailor if i see it in a sale somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

If you can get a copy of 'Honeyman' (the live CD from 1973, not the tune alone), it's pretty damn cool. I'm also a fan of 'Look At The Fool'; it's funky although not quite typical of Tim's music...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

might get Starsailor if i see it in a sale somewhere
    you'll be lucky. I've never seen this on CD. I don't think its ever been. great album though. kinda early pink-floydy.

My favourite Tim Buckley "album" has to be the double CD of his 1968 concert in London. its easily available in HMV, etc, and its great. check it out. that or happy sad. both are great

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Starsailor has been out on CD on Warner Bros for years. Although a quick google suggest that it's out of print. How can such an important album go out of print?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

You could buy it for $100 from Amazon.com or for various prices from eBay.ie. I don't think it's worth paying that much for a CD to be honest, but that is what it seems to cost at the moment!

Advertisement