Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vincent Melinn

Options
  • 19-04-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Theres a few interesting points I've heard about Melinn the last few days...

1. This is only his second live tournament....ever

2. His first was the world series. He went out on the FIRST hand when his QQ flopped AQx.... his opponent had trip Aces...:D

3. The money didn't matter to him, as he is a successful businessman and was only playing 'for fun'. He even backed himself for another €50K profit!

4. He is a 'high-stakes' online player... has anyone ever heard of him before this?

Also, Roy Brindley had a funny piece of commentary when he commented on how Melinn outdrew him in a big pot and he was complaining about it to another player in the toilets, when Melinn walked out of the other cubicle! He didn't seem too annoyed and admitted that is was a 'risky play'... "but I'm a gambler"...

Either way, congrats to him on outlasting a field of 339 players...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

He then shook his hand....(without washing it first!!)

Fair play to him I say, He had a smile on his face all the way through too and took his bad beats like a gentleman. Probably the hallmark of someone who doesn't have to worry about money I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

roryc wrote:
    Theres a few interesting points I've heard about Melinn the last few days...

1. This is only his second live tournament....ever

2. His first was the world series. He went out on the FIRST hand when his QQ flopped AQx.... his opponent had trip Aces...:D

3. The money didn't matter to him, as he is a successful businessman and was only playing 'for fun'. He even backed himself for another €50K profit!

4. He is a 'high-stakes' online player... has anyone ever heard of him before this?

Also, Roy Brindley had a funny piece of commentary when he commented on how Melinn outdrew him in a big pot and he was complaining about it to another player in the toilets, when Melinn walked out of the other cubicle! He didn't seem too annoyed and admitted that is was a 'risky play'... "but I'm a gambler"...

Either way, congrats to him on outlasting a field of 339 players...

Think all the points were discussed during the live event on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeh I havent watched it yet... have the tape at home, but I havent found 6 hours yet to watch it! I thinks its being played on Sky tonight at 7pm, so I might catch a bit of it in the Fitz later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

roryc, if you used Sky+ to record it, you're going to miss the final few hands. I had to get onto AntesUp to find out who won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

haha no way... why, did it cut off?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

corblimey wrote:
    roryc, if you used Sky+ to record it, you're going to miss the final few hands. I had to get onto AntesUp to find out who won :D

Crap I have it on Sky plus,I had to leave the final table around 1am as I was up for work early the next day so I was hoping it was all on my sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Bigvin53 on Ladbroks. Part of a builder/developer consortium.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Dub13 wrote:
    Crap I have it on Sky plus,I had to leave the final table around 1am as I was up for work early the next day so I was hoping it was all on my sky box.

Always a good idea taping an event thats likely to go overtime is to 'manual record'(press services button and select 'manual recording').

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Always a good idea taping an event thats likely to go overtime is to 'manual record'(press services button and select 'manual recording').

Thanks I must do that in future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement