Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HTPC / Media Centre Charter

• 19-04-2006 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Hello and welcome to our new dedicated forum for what promises to be one of the most interesting areas of computing for some time.

This forum is for the discussion of the following:

HTPC's (Home Theatre PC's).
    Networked\Distributed Audio\Video.
    Home automation systems as part of the above.

Anything related to the above is welcome, topics way off base will be moved\deleted.

Forum Rules:

NO WAREZ or discussions of how to "acquire" copyrighted material be it software or media. Also no discussion of copyright circumvention techniques including DVD "Ripping".

No discussions on how to circumvent parental locks on equipment.

If you have something that pertains to the above for sale, I will allow you plug it ONCE only in a single thread if you contribute to the thread in some way. All further correspondance relating to the item MUST be through www.adverts.ie.

If you plug an item, you agree that I reserve the right to remove a plug should I feel it is not relevant and it is entirely at my discretion.

Most of all, dont be afriad to ask questions, but please use the search facility first before posting a topic.

Enjoy the Forum!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi, can you clarify one of the 'rules' a bit please? Thanks.
    no discussion of copyright circumvention techniques including DVD "Ripping"

OK, I don't want to address that, but a related matter .... there is no mention of copying, into a digital file for example, a complete CD or DVD, without any circumvention.

Can you clarify the position please?

regards.

Advertisement