Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anger Problems

Options
  • 19-04-2006 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Lately in the last 2 years I have noticed that I am angry more often and it is ruining my life. I can't help it when I am angry, in fact I think it could be a medical problem

For the simplest of reasons, I would lash out at someone and not even realise it

Has anyone else come across this and if so what have they done

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jsr

What age are you? It could be related to chemical change in your body eg puberty/menopause. Also giving your gender might help if you feel it’s a medical issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭sachamama

its great you are aware of it now and want to change this. there are ways to manage anger, you could look it up on the internet - here's a link to the American Psycological Association's anger page http://www.apa.org/topics/controlanger.html

dont forget, you always always have a choice how to react. if you tell yourself that you are not going to loose it the next time you are angry, then that should help too. step away from it and breathe first before you react. that might help.

if you want to describe in more detail here what you mean by "lashing out" at someone that would help too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you feel it may be medical then do go to your Dr about it.
    S/He can see if it is and if it isn't can refer you to someone that may be able to help.

Advertisement