Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion: Maiq The Liar

Options
  • 18-04-2006 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭

This guy appears to be a bit of an easter egg. He was apparently in Morrowind as well, though I dont recall him. Either way you can bump into him outside Anvil at the stables there early in the morning. Hell chat briefly, saying stuff that sounds like an irritated game designers responses to fan wish lists. And then hes off. And hes fast, damn fast.

I followed him as best I could but Maiq was always able to stay marginally ahead and in straights would begin to ease ever so slightly further ahead. I kept up with him anyway as he followed the road from Anvil, past the Gottshaw Inn, past the turn off for Kvatch and then he stopped, at the small u turn in the road - past and to the right of Kvatch on the map - before it turns north to Skingrad. He just stopped dead at the side of the road, so I tried chatting with him again but nothing new. By this time we had picked up a posse of 1 mountain lion, 3 minotaurs, a highwayman, a bandit bowman and a wandering imperial guardsman who was quickly beaten down. So I spent a short while killing our new friends, and then suddenly Maiq started off again (around 1pm ingame time - the monsters all ignored him, and he ignored them). I lost him in the ruckus, but he was heading off road directly east down the slope last I saw him - presumeably towards Skingrad.

Just curious if anyones managed to track Maiq as he runs his route and if he goes anywhere interesting or is he simply running rounders of waypoints on the roads to various cities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Wow.

A friend of mine mentioned that he ran into a character that said something along the lines of "You see a man drop a sweetroll..." which is one of the questions that are asked in Morrowind to determine your class. I wonder if its the same guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

mmmmmmmm easter eggs

sounds class I will relay the info to my mates at home and see what happens. were you following him on foot or on horseback

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

Ahhh, I do remember seeing this guy running away from me just outside a city, he was just standing there as i exited the town then turned and ran, he was way too fast for me to keep up with him. Could have been Maig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I wonder if its the same guy.

Maybe, apparently Maiq in Morrowind was sitting up on one of the northern islands off the coast. Which probably explains why I dont remember him from that game.
    sounds class I will relay the info to my mates at home and see what happens. were you following him on foot or on horseback

Foot, I dont think it would be possible to keep up with him on horseback though that said I havent tried. Maybe one of the Black Horse couriers could do it.

Hes definitly a vent for Bethesda annoyance with wishlists though. He says stuff like "Some people want strange bows that take too long to load and use funny arrows called bolts. Maiq thinks they are stupid!" Ive got myself a new little challenge though - to follow him on his route and see if he does anything worth chasing him for.

there is a few very fast horses, one in particular that you get as a reward that might be able to keep up with him but if you are faster than a horse then u deserve some serious kudos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i found this guy once or twice. he says some hilarious things..

"Dragons? yes there are dragons, but they fly up so high that you can not see them. There are ones that fly closer to the ground but they are invisible!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I wish I could play Oblivion... :( Damn PC.

On Topic, I remember Maiq from Morrowind alright. He was in the far North as mentioned, and had a similar personality.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I wish I could play Oblivion... :( Damn PC.

It the first game since half life 2 that Justifies the money for an upgrade imo.

i found this guy once or twice. he says some hilarious things..

"Dragons? yes there are dragons, but they fly up so high that you can not see them. There are ones that fly closer to the ground but they are invisible!"

Man i have to find this guy he sounds great

anyone get close enough to pick pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

On horses anyone tried Shadowbane yet a v fast horse who on his own can kill multiple enemies ,you can just stand back and watch,
    Also i recommend geting the skeleton key ( a unbreakable pick which adds + 40 odd to your security skill) you can get this mission from the shrine ne of anvil and can be done by level 10 ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Pity my Shadowbane just got himself killed (ran off attacking some Trolls while I was stuck talking at a Daedric Shrine).
    Found him myself a few times, but he never said anything good that I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

Fishysticks!

Ah, M'aiq :) aparntly in Oblivion he just wanders around looking for calipers... :) In morrowind he told you a truth, a location of a daerdic shrine... in this :D

One of my friend found him and managed to talk to him for abit. He ranted on about liking his clothes and why would people wish to see Kajjit naked? and how sick these people are :) damn furries. (or possiably something to do with naked mods)

M'aiq - "It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad"

Some of the easter eggs are listed here Spoiler warning! Some parts further down give small quest info.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

[DF]Lenny wrote:
    On horses anyone tried
    Shadowbane yet a v fast horse who on his own can kill multiple enemies ,you can just stand back and watch,
    Also i recommend geting the skeleton key ( a unbreakable pick which adds + 40 odd to your security skill) you can get this mission from the shrine ne of anvil and can be done by level 10 ish
    Dude, Spoiler tags please...

[ Spoiler ]......[ /Spoiler]

Like above only minus the spaces in each.

Advertisement