Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.61 engin in a 70inch pipercub

Options
  • 18-04-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Would anyone be willing to swap their .40 engin for my .61. The 61 is way to powerful for my piper cub.The engin has had very few tanks through it and hasnt been run in fully.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Is it ok once you throttle down?
    About the size .... you are right there - a 72" Cub is usually expected to have a .40 or a .45 inside.
    What make of .61 have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

supre tigre

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

They don't like going too slow, esp while new, and at half throttle it would make more power than you want inside that particular plane.
    You do need a smaller engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

I would be more concerned with the added extra weight to the front that it would give....
    Have a SC 46, but its not running the best so I think it would be an unfair swap... Pick a new one up yourself and keep the .61 for the next plane...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

:D Thanks. i bought a Thunder Tiger from GreenHobby and Model for $50 that should keep me going for a while......:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement