Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion gender change :eek:

Options
  • 18-04-2006 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

Ok I dunno what the hell happened over the weekend but I think my cute avatar chick went through an oblivion gate that took her to Thailand and "Tuck's sex exchange (look for toothy, the smiling surgical saw*)". She has a man's head all of a sudden!!! She still has the body of a female, but a friggin guy's head!! What the hell happened?? I wasn't messing around with the console, cos I've read you can change gender through it. But this is just the wierdest thing! I can't play like this, it's just wrong. A guy with boobs. I feel sick.

:confused:

* VTM:B. Great game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

chamlis wrote:
    Ok I dunno what the hell happened over the weekend but I think my cute avatar chick went through an oblivion gate that took her to Thailand and "Tuck's sex exchange (look for toothy, the smiling surgical saw*)". She has a man's head all of a sudden!!! She still has the body of a female, but a friggin guy's head!! What the hell happened?? I wasn't messing around with the console, cos I've read you can change gender through it. But this is just the wierdest thing! I can't play like this, it's just wrong. A guy with boobs. I feel sick.

:confused:

* VTM:B. Great game.

Man thats wired, I also noticed a weird thing when my friend was playing he was wearing the dark brotherhood armor and contracted vampirism and half of the back of his head would poke out from the hood, it looked like there were holes burnt in the hood and you could see his skin. Is this meant to happen?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The longer you have the vapirism disease the more you age and disfigure to my knowledge. Best to get rid of it or keep drinking blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

The disfigurement depends on how often you feed. The more you feed (once a day), the less disfigured you are (personality not hit as much but the stat increases are lessened), the less you feed (stats increased but big personality hit), the more monstrous you become.
    For the record, my chick is a vampire, but that's not what's wrong with her head. She just becomes a minging wrinkly old woman. This head is most definately a blokes....

chamlis wrote:
    The disfigurement depends on how often you feed. The more you feed (once a day), the less disfigured you are (personality not hit as much but the stat increases are lessened), the less you feed (stats increased but big personality hit), the more monstrous you become.
    For the record, my chick is a vampire, but that's not what's wrong with her head. She just becomes a minging wrinkly old woman. This head is most definately a blokes....

Question is would ya still do her if she wore a helmet???? ;)

No.

• Advertisement

Hold on. I'm gonna post a before and after pic when I get the chance.

hmmm. Oddly enough, I tried loading up a previous save when I was like level 3. Came up properly with the right head. When I then loaded up my current save, it was back to minging old woman vampire head again. The only thing I can think of is when I went back to the character creation screen a few days ago the try and create a pirate (don't ask). It was a dude obviously. I didn't save it but It might have auto saved or something. When I loaded up my real game then the head must just have stuck, hence a young woman with a serious identity crisis. Chances are when I load it up again "he'll" be back again. I couldn't take a screen shot cos I'm after getting a new keyboard and the PrtSc key is weird. I'll get my old one if "he" comes back and take a shot. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Use the console to change to male, then back to female.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

How do you do that? Can you change race using console? Can you take over the world?

Duras wrote:
    How do you do that? Can you change race using console? Can you take over the world?

Yeah use the "Pinky and the Brain" command :D

• Advertisement

I think you can just change from male to female (<--->). I've never done it but I know there is a spreadsheet list of console commands out there somewhere. I actually havent played oblivion in over a week. I seem to have broken the hold and I'm afraid, if I go back, I may be struck again!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,963 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

to stay at stage 1 of being a vampire do ya just feed once per day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Be careful using the console commands (the command is showracemenu btw). I decided to change my characters appearance (stayed same race etc). [RANT] Both occasions the game offers to generate your characters features are in terrible lighting - a dank dungeon cell, and a sewer. And its impossible to save settings or have any clearly identifiable setting or magnitude on the sliders. Garbage. [/RANT] When I was finished I played a mission and suddenly realised my character was bloody slow and barely clearing obstacles Id usually soar over. And my athletics was rising. One quick check of the stats revealed that my stats had completely collapsed and all my skills had been decimated. Luckily I had a save before the messing about, noted my skills/atts at that point and used the console to reset my character to its previous glory but its annoying all the same. All the changes I made were purely cosmetic and I never changed from Wood Elf to another race.

hmm. I haven't used it yet but now I'm thinking I won't. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh you can use it - you just might have to use the player.setav <skill> <##> command to reset your skills/attributes afterwards. Just have a save before the messing to make sure youve got a fallback.

Sand wrote:
    Oh you can use it - you just might have to use the player.setav <skill> <##> command to reset your skills/attributes afterwards. Just have a save before the messing to make sure youve got a fallback.

Thanks for the heads up man

Ok I finally managed to get those before and after shots. There can be no mistake it's a man. Seriously odd, and.......disturbing.

Here is what she is supposed to look like from an earlier save:-

http://img2.imagepile.net/images/1151829407.jpg

And here is what she looks like as a vampire:-

http://img2.imagepile.net/images/642724106.jpg

And this is the current abomination:-

http://img2.imagepile.net/images/893583926.jpg

I tried the console command for gender change but all it did was change the body to male and then back to female with the same man-head. The only thing that works is if I load that previous save game and then load my current save. The head is back to normal then....

:eek:

Sand wrote:
    :eek:

Indeed

• Advertisement

is it me or does your character look like courtney cox

hehehe never realised that before. I guess when she's not stricken with vampirism or man-disease.

chamlis wrote:
    hehehe never realised that before. I guess when she's not stricken with vampirism or man-disease.

its kinda weird all right, nothing freaks me out like a dude with breasts and a \|/ (which is txt speak for c*nt) :)

Advertisement