Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitehead problem

Options
  • 18-04-2006 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know threads on skin problems come up a lot, but anyway.....

My skin is generally excellent, but I have a reocurring problem of whiteheads appearing in the skin around my nose - in that area where the nose meets the face. They almost never occur anywhere else. Standard face washes don't seem to help much. There also doesn't seem to be a pattern of them occuring - I could be clear for weeks and then without warning I could have a sudden outbreak.

Since they always occur in the same area I'm noticing a slight reddish blotch around my nose, which is the cumulative effect of all these whiteheads. Not awful looking but I don't like it one bit.

Anyone experience anything similiar, any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You can get these strips in Boots that can clear up that area. They're specially designed to fit on your nose and then to clear all that right up for you. Sorta like waxing your nose. I think Ponds do some strips like that and there are Boots own brand tea tree ones. The Boot's ones are way cheaper.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1033907

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 orlib

I had a similar problem but all my skin hang-ups disappeared after I used this cleanser made by Eve Lom. I can't remember the exact name of the product-in fact I think it's just called "The Cleanser". It comes with a muslin cloth + you massage it onto your face + then remove it with warm water + the cloth + then cold water. It works well but over a few weeks. On the down-side it was expensive, €50 for a tub in Nue Blue Eriu (South William Street). Something else that's helpful is to steam your face over a bowl of boiling water with a few drops of eucalyptus oil/lavender oil for approx. 5 mins. The old wives tale of rubbing half a lemon over the offending area is great too although it stings like man. Leave the juice on for about 10 minutes + then wash it off with water but thats not instant! Alternatively + cheaply leave some tooth paste on the white heads over night to dry them out. In the long term face masks can prevent them from re-occuring-Boots make a good detox face mask thats effective. Whatever you do just don't squeeze!!

Advertisement