Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Addicted to these girls

Options
  • 18-04-2006 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have a really weird problem and I'm just wondering if anyone has some advice on it.

I recently got to know these two girls through a friend of mine. (They are 18 and 20 years old). I didn't really take any notice at first and just accepted that they were around. The direction my story goes next may cause some people to call me a fool but hear me out.

2 weeks ago we went clubbing, and our group generally ended up taking a few pills in the club. I was so happy dancing with the 2 of them that we just did not leave each others side for the night. The next day they came out to us and we hung around talking and just chilling out. They've been around with us every day since.

The weird thing is, I think I am actually addicted to being around one of them. She is meeting someone at the moment but she texts me for most of the day and we talk all through the evening. She is beautiful and I just cannot get enough of her. I really want to be with her, but don't know how to go about it

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

it's called infatuation and it's not a weird problem. from what you post, it sounds like it may be mutual.

when you say she is "meeting" someone it sounds as if it is quite casual. why not stick around and see what happens? failing that, just ask her out for a meal or drink... i think she'll get your intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I assume it is infatuation, I've had it before but this time it is so weird. She is on my mind every second of the day. In meeting someone, I mean she is technically nearly at the stage of going out with this guy. I've tried a few times before with different girls I liked, to ask them out but it always ends up that they get really weird with me and our friendship just disintegrates. I don't want that to happen between me and this girl. I don't know how to go about it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

don't make any decisions or draw any conclusions based on a night on pills.
    don't pressure her to make any decisions about the whole "being with you" thing either.

Here's how it works: At the moment, you are spending a lot of time around each other, but you've not spoken to her about how you really feel. So, she could be thinking "he's a really nice guy, I feel very comfortable around him, but I don't want to be with him". Or she could be thinking "he's so hot right now".

The only way you are going to find out for sure is by asking her (good) or by making a move (potentially good, probably not so good). I think if the vibes you were getting off her were all great, you'd not be asking us what you should do. So my advice would be, play it cool. There is no rush for the moment, if she wants to be with you, let her figure it out.. Don't put all your eggs in her basket either - you might go off her yet!

Is it normal though to feel as if you need to be around them every minute of every day? Its driving me mental. I just can't concentrate on my work when I'm thinking about her. She works part time and is finished most days at 1 so when it comes to that time, I just really want to leave work but I can't.

She texted me today and is supposedly coming out tonight. I am absolutley dying to say something to her about this but am really scared of whats going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Go out with her tonight, get both of you slammed and make a move on her. You'll know where you stand then and if it all goes pete tong just blame the booze - easy!

Good luck.

• Advertisement

Hey guys, just thought I'd give an update about what happened since I last posted. I asked her out and she said yes!!! I cannot explain how much in love I am with this girl, I have never felt anything like this before. Tuesday night was just amazing. We layed out on the grass in the local park and just kissed for hours. I could have died right there and then and my life would have been complete. She is now my life, and I want to be with her forever. Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice guys, you have helped me get my soulmate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Nice one! delighted it worked out for ya, enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

^ Agreed.

Play it cool and you'll see your relationship last.Don't get too caught up in the moment.

Congrats on getting your chick ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What a wonderful outcome.

Nice one OP!

Well done.

But dammit, why doesn't it ever work like that for me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

LoveDrunk wrote:
    I could have died right there and then and my life would have been complete. She is now my life, and I want to be with her forever.

Oh sweet Mother...
    I hope this is a gag of some sort...
    If it isn't, God bless.

Advice: take it cheesey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

Ride her nice and slow......she will think its making love.
    ah fair play.but be careful,take it slow

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

whacker4fun, please keep your comments sensible

Okay I agree, that post was a bit on the diabetic side of sweet but how else could I describe it. There's not other way of putting into words what I feel for her. In fact no words would come close to it. Absolutley mind blowing is all i can say about what I feel. Have no intentions to move too fast with her, I've said to her that I will wait until she wants to take things further. I've heard from her friend that she also feels as strongly about me...I waited years to find someone like this, and now I have it. Thanks for the replies again guys... this has officially been the best week of my entire life..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

And from a 41yr old that's saying something.

Well done sir.:D

LoveDrunk wrote:
    Okay I agree, that post was a bit on the diabetic side of sweet but how else could I describe it. There's not other way of putting into words what I feel for her. In fact no words would come close to it. Absolutley mind blowing is all i can say about what I feel. Have no intentions to move too fast with her, I've said to her that I will wait until she wants to take things further. I've heard from her friend that she also feels as strongly about me...I waited years to find someone like this, and now I have it. Thanks for the replies again guys... this has officially been the best week of my entire life..

now try give the pills up.
    drugs are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

if i had a penny for everytime if felt 'love' on pills....yikes, i'd be loaded !!!

nice outcome by the way....but yes, take it slow man !!! she might feel strong now but that could be ruined if you smother her too much !

play it cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

>taking a few pills in the club

what sort of pills do you youngun's take these days, back in my day alcohol was enough

Advertisement