Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babylon 5 DVDs on ebay Asian versions

Options
  • 17-04-2006 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi all,

I only have season 1 + 2 of B5 sitting on my shelf and just browsed eBay to see what the current prices are for the remaining seasons. I saw that there's tons of cheapo B5 DVD sets out there now - presumably of Asian origin, starting from £0.99. Has anybody bought one of those and/or knows if they are any good? Price is sure tempting ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I got the lot about 2 months ago and I wouldn't advise it. The DVDs were in really bad condition despite the fact that they were supposed to be new. Trying to get a refund from the guy was like trying to get blood from a stone although I was eventually successful. Now my experience was just with the one seller who was bad but I still reckon you'd be better off paying that bit extra and buying from a store like amazon or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

&if you are buying from a store, make sure to get the R1 dvd's, they com in beter cases & the american movie collection has all 5 b5 movies, unlike the european release which only has the last 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

madrab wrote:
    the american movie collection has all 5 b5 movies, unlike the european release which only has the last 3

Useful to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 cheesemonger

Thanks everyone. I think I'll order the missing seasons + movies from Amazon.de. At least you know what you get when you order from them. I took a look at Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.uk and play.com and amazon.de is by far the cheapest:

Season 3 DVD set:

Amazon.com: $44.99 (ca. €36)
    Amazon.co.uk: £32.97 (ca. €47)
    Amazon.fr: EUR 36,88
    Play.com: EUR 70.49 (delivered)
    Amazon.de: EUR 25,90

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

nice price, think i paid about $100 for season 1

• Advertisement
Advertisement