Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Duke Spirit

Options
  • 17-04-2006 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever heard of "The Duke Spirit" before? I caught one of their videos on MTV2 a while back and was very impressed. I'd since forgotten about them completely when one of their singles Love Is An Unfamiliar Name came up in a playlist I was going through... bloody fantastic! They sound a bit like an upbeat PJ Harvey.

Anyway, it turns out that their album is out on some indie label in America, so it doesn't look too likely that it'll be sitting around in your local Virgin anytime soon. Just on the off-chance, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had heard more of them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pvc

they are quite good, and you should be able to get the album no problem, it will be in any half decent music store ie. Virgin, HMV, Tower. it was released last year sometime. they played bud-rising last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The Duke Spirit gets my thumbs-up. Great band. I haven't seen them in HMV though. I looked especially for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

mr_angry wrote:
    Anyone ever heard of "The Duke Spirit" before? I caught one of their videos on MTV2 a while back and was very impressed. I'd since forgotten about them completely when one of their singles Love Is An Unfamiliar Name came up in a playlist I was going through... bloody fantastic! They sound a bit like an upbeat PJ Harvey.

Anyway, it turns out that their album is out on some indie label in America, so it doesn't look too likely that it'll be sitting around in your local Virgin anytime soon. Just on the off-chance, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had heard more of them?

Get this album ages ago from amazon.com I think.
    Pretty good album. "Love Is An Unfamiliar Name" is a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I take it all back! I nipped into Virgin in Dundrum on my way home this evening, and there the album was. Only 3 tracks in so far, but I'm impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Yeah, I heard one of their tracks on a HMV Playlist CD and absolutely loved it! Have heard nothing of them since though :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

They are rather good, and fairly easy to get your hands on from what I've seen (If hmv in Cork has it, it must be easy to come by everywhere else!)

Advertisement