Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Away from eachother for 4 months

Options
  • 17-04-2006 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

myself and my girlfriend are in a very healthy 2 year relationship. We have a great sex life and we're very intimate with eachother. But i'm away from home in America for 6 months working. She's moving out here to me in 4 months but until then we won't get to be together. We're both commited to eachother and we don't want to try having an open relationship for the time, but we are both finding the lack of sex and intimacy very hard to cope with. we have a very healthy sexual relationship at home, but going cold turkey is getting to us both a lot.

we've tried using phone,text and webcams etc but we're just finding it hard to take the edge off our sexual needs

i know theres probably not much else to try really but can anyone suggest anything that they might have done in this situation to kinda reduce the "craving" or to maybe be intimate at long distance

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭TapouT

Honestly the only advice I can give is not to stray to fulfill those needs and desires. You (both) have to remember who those's desires are for and wait for each other.

Other than that, express your love for each other daily, tell your GF how your feeling, your love & desire for her & commite yourself further & deeper to each other.

Four months is nothing, I've been away for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

thanks tapout. ya realistically 4 months is a very short period of time. There's no chance of either of us straying i'd say really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Love letters.
    While modren telecoms will let you communicate it is in many ways not as intimate.
    Getting a letter is still a wonderfully way to connect.
    The fact that the other person took the time and care to hand write to you and that you get to hold the pages that they held and spent lavished such time and care over makes them a very intimate thing.
    Letters can be read over again and have a lot more warmth then rereading chat logs.
    They can be part journal of what you have been up to, how you have missed them part wishfull thinking and dreams.
    You can fill them up with all the things that you would have said to her while
    curled up together.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

ya i've been thinking about writing letters back and forth.I wasn't sure if it would be intimate enough but i might give it a go.Like you say re read chat logs ain't the most intimate form off communication

Advertisement