Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King,Fishscale and...

Options
  • 17-04-2006 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

the new Soul Position.Anybody got reviews of these albums?Been hearing good things so far,when will they be out on retail in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

king, (ti's new release, right?) i've heard pretty mixed things. for the most part though that its his worst album so far. fishscale i've had for a while and is really good, recommend it. the new soul position i got today, havent listened to it yet though. i've no idea when they go on sale in ireland. fishscale is out ages though so that at least i know should be available

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Soul Position is good, had it for a good while now. Not as good as 8 Million Stories or the EP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Just got Fishscale.Ghost certainly picks strong beats(RAGU,The Champ,3 Bricks,Clipse of Doom :eek: ) but I still can't drop the feeling that he is talking complete gibberish most of the time ala Sumpreme Clientele.

Kings got mainly good reviews from what I can tell,and What You Know was pretty nice so I have a feeling it will be decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

^^ ha thats whats great about him, he doesnt need to make anything "but **** that sounds fly"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

what is the story with King. is it out over here yet. i've been trying to get it and have looked everywhere. knowing my luck its probably out now and i dont have any money to get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

So what's the verdict, should I buy Fishscale? What rating would people give it? I've heard Be Easy and liked it.

David19 wrote:
    So what's the verdict, should I buy Fishscale? What rating would people give it? I've heard Be Easy and liked it.

Yes get it.Its very well produced(DOOM,Pete Rock,Cool and Dre all appear among others)and Ghost is on typically impressive form.The guests are good as well,Raekwon pops up and Trife looks like a MC to look out for in the future.No RZA anywhere to be seen and the J Dilla cuts were a bit disapointing,other then that its very solid and very well produced.

Finally got a copy of King. It is by far his best album yet. the production is heavy, his flow is so good its ridiculous and the guest spots are up to scratch.
    Stand out tracks are:
    What You Know, I'm Talkin' to You, Live in the Sky, Why You Wanna, Stand Up Guy

Its a solid album all round. easily 4 out of 5

Whats it like lyrically though?

I ain't going to spend my money on another moron with a southern drawl rapping about his feckin' clothes.

Personally I think T.I is the best lyrically from the south.
    From "Goodlife"
    I was born into poverty raised in the sewerage
    Streets always would be a part of me, it made me the truest
    And even when my days weren't the bluest
    I never ran from adversity, instead I ran to it
    Fear ain't in the heart of me I learned just do it
    You get courage in your fears right after you go through it

From live in the sky
    It's a catch 22 either you lose or lose
    Thats the way the game structured for real niggas to suffer
    and I aint never been a busta always stood on my feet
    like a man prepared to take what ever coming for me
    a pussy nigga or polices wit a warrant for me
    Im a "G" prepared to die for whats important to me
    Look anybody in the eye who say he want it wit me
    put up the house and bet the odds if coming from me
    OG's say I need to learn to be patient
    you telling me wit these seven years of probation
    pistol charges and a host of other open cases
    if niggas only knew the kind of time I was facing
    I tried to keep to myself but sometimes I couldnt take it
    got 4 kids the smiles on they faces
    mean more to me than my crown and my braclet
    take that away from me and my life is butt naked

If you like T.I already you gonna like this. Its T.I doin what he does best. But thats just my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Is TI that guy that had the song 24s (or something like that)?
    If so, I think I'll stick to CunninLynguists for my slice of southern rap.

Ahhhh thats pretty good.Doubt he is consistent though.

Album is about 20 euros in Virgin...:rolleyes:

For anyone thinking of getting Fishscale,I suggest getting Supreme Clientele,Ironman and Put It On The Line first,just because they are superior albums,if you haven't gotten it already.

Advertisement