Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album leaks

Options
  • 17-04-2006 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

I've just been reading up on lupe fiasco and his new album "food & liquor" has been leaked onto the internet. How does shít like this happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Presumebly it was somebody within the studio or label.

Its supposed to be awful though,so I'm not too worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the second an album goes into mass production it just takes one worker to pick one off the line and upload it when he gets home.

also record companies send out advance copies of albums (can be the full retail product) to radio stations etc. all it takes is for one to upload it then.

I doubt it Cremo,the version that leaked had yet to be mastered,nor had the guests been put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well i was just saying that in general that's how a album gets leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Scenesters steal them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

The leaked album is the full retail version...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The leaked album is the full retail version...

Just from looking around some forums I'm fairly sure this wasn't the complete version.As I said,no guests and it wasn't mastered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

the lupe fiasco that was leaked earlier on in the week was not retail ...none of the tracks feature anybody and plus it was a webrip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

sure happens all the time not really allot they can do to stop it, I think usher scrapped an album because it happened and i remember seeing a news thing on mtv when snoops last meal was coming out and he was mad paro on it even showing a cdr copy saying how he had to be carefull anyone could just pick it up and leak it on him and the next week death row went and put it up on their site to download before getting ordered to remove it. If your looking in the right places you can find allot of "advance" albums coming out months before hand with half mixed songs and some that you dont get on the retail album ive a great version off kanyes all falls down where he does it like at what sounds like some kind of live show but its not over music just him talking like hes doing a serman. Its a pain for the artist and the labels but as a fan its great to hear some of the stuff they dont want you to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement