Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrating to australia

Options
  • 17-04-2006 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

:confused: hi there.Me,my wife and the five kids are planning to go to Melbourne to live.I'm 26,she 27.I'm a carpenter for ten years now.we will be selling our home and should walk away with about E200,000 profit.can any one give us a bit of advise e.g where in mel to buy a house any thing would really help:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭le-dub

I know your looking advice on were to buy a house in melbourne, but your harldly going to take the advice given here as to were your going to buy a house.

My advise would be take a holiday to melbourne and have a look around yourself and ask about when you are there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

My advice would be to purchase in the outer suburbs. Property prices in Melbourne central are very high.

My personal preferences would be Warrandyte, Hurstbridge, Dalesford, Healesville or St Andrew's. I currently live Camberwell which is one of the most expensive locations in Australia and it is a really good place to bring up kids - I have two!

But we are looking at moving to one of the locations mentioned or even further afield to somewhere like Castlemaine which is full-on country Victoria but has a very laid back vibe.

PM if you want to know specifics. More than happy to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Would also recommend this site for asking questions, reading about other peoples experiences with emmegrating etc

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Have you been out to Oz yet Martin? Perhaps a reccy trip would be advisable.

Advertisement