Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight

Options
  • 16-04-2006 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

OK i just had a REALLY big fight with my sister- shes with her partner 7 years and they have 2 kids- when they were together 6 months a friend of hers tried to split them up cos he loved her.

Basically he didnt succeed and she forgave him and they are still mates.However her fiance cant get over it.He works in a pub and tonight he was working behind the bar and the guy came in.And my sisters fella spitefully told the owner the guy had been kicked out for being rowdy before(totally untrue) and the guy was asked to leave

My sister is backing up her fella now saying he was right cos he "never got him back and thats his revenge" but i am FURIOUS- that was such a patehic and childish thing to do- its a grudge from 6 years ago and he has gotten a guy barred because of his own childish ways.Hes nearly 30 and acting like a kid in a playground.

I know some of you may say this isint my business- but the guy is also a mate of mine and i cant believe my sisters guy could be so callous.Shes pissed off because i said he needs to grow up and now shes not talking to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

pepper wrote:
    OK i just had a REALLY big fight with my sister- shes with her partner 7 years and they have 2 kids- when they were together 6 months a friend of hers tried to split them up cos he loved her.

Basically he didnt succeed and she forgave him and they are still mates.However her fiance cant get over it.He works in a pub and tonight he was working behind the bar and the guy came in.And my sisters fella spitefully told the owner the guy had been kicked out for being rowdy before(totally untrue) and the guy was asked to leave

My sister is backing up her fella now saying he was right cos he "never got him back and thats his revenge" but i am FURIOUS- that was such a patehic and childish thing to do- its a grudge from 6 years ago and he has gotten a guy barred because of his own childish ways.Hes nearly 30 and acting like a kid in a playground.

I know some of you may say this isint my business- but the guy is also a mate of mine and i cant believe my sisters guy could be so callous.Shes pissed off because i said he needs to grow up and now shes not talking to me

Your right it does seem very childish but this guy tried to destroy your sisters fellas family. Tearing a family apart or geting someone barred from a pub, I certainly know which is worse. Fair enough its ages ago but its such a significant thing that I am sure I wouldn't forget in a hurry.

I don't think you and your sister should be rowing about it, its between the guys and their pride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

TheGooner wrote:
    Your right it does seem very childish but this guy tried to destroy your sisters fellas family. Tearing a family apart or geting someone barred from a pub, I certainly know which is worse. Fair enough its ages ago but its such a significant thing that I am sure I wouldn't forget in a hurry.

I don't think you and your sister should be rowing about it, its between the guys and their pride.

they didnt have the kids till two years ago so its not a case of tearing a family apart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

this is between ur mate, ur sister and her bf. I wouldn't get involved and explain to everyone that u don't want to become involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

pepper wrote:
    they didnt have the kids till two years ago so its not a case of tearing a family apart

Ah righto, read that wrong. Then I'd have to say that yes it is childish but again let them sort it out themselves, you falling out with your sister won't help anything!

TheNog wrote:
    this is between ur mate, ur sister and her bf. I wouldn't get involved and explain to everyone that u don't want to become involved.
    she brought me into it by asking me to tell my mate that her fella was right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

pepper wrote:
    she brought me into it by asking me to tell my mate that her fella was right

Tell her it's between her and the two men and you aren't going to tell him anything of the sort! it was a really childish thing to do and considering the time thats past and the fact that your sister and this guy were still friends i dont get why the sudden drama!!! :confused:

Men are such strange creatures! Especially when it comes to women!

Just tell your sister that you don't agree with what her boyfriend has done but you arent getting involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Tell your sister that you're not getting involved. It was childish but there you go that's the way life goes.

Steer well clear of making any judgements either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Breaking up a couple to suit himself? The guy is clearly a dick. He's lucky a barring is all he got. If he'd tried split me and my woman up the only pint he'd have been drinking would be thru a straw.

You go on about childishness but I reckon your opinion of the matter is biased anyway. You definetly seem to like this dickhead more than you like your brother-in-law. As such I'm glad the sister took her fiance's side and not yours. It was the right side to take and she sounds a better woman than you. You should cop on and learn to put family before your friends.

And like you said there seems to be a general consenus among those concerned (ie not you) that 'they're even' now. So it should be a good clearing of the air in the long run.

Pigman II wrote:
    Breaking up a couple to suit himself? The guy is clearly a dick. He's lucky a barring is all he got. If he'd tried split me and my woman up the only pint he'd have been drinking would be thru a straw.

You go on about childishness but I reckon your opinion of the matter is biased anyway. You definetly seem to like this dickhead more than you like your brother-in-law. As such I'm glad the sister took her fiance's side and not yours. It was the right side to take and she sounds a better woman than you. You should cop on and learn to put family before your friends.

And like you said there seems to be a general consenus among those concerned (ie not you) that 'they're even' now. So it should be a good clearing of the air in the long run.

oh yes- ill just back him up when hes holding a 6 and a half year grudge- i should cop on?I DONT THINK SO- the only reason shes even backing him up is he will leave her if she doesnt- i dont like my sisters fella for a reason- he treats her like ****- and i wont sit back and have him treat my friends how he treats her

Advertisement