Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best horror moments

Options
  • 16-04-2006 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

these are just bits in films that are really scary. here's a few of my favourites:
    warning - there are spoilers!

a nightmare on elm street - when the body bag is calling to nancy while she's in the classroom.

the exorcist - the sequence where the mother hears 'rats' in the attic (more like lions!)

pet cemetary - the zelda woman scared the **** out of me when i first saw this. At one point she stares at the camera with her scary eyes. (I was quite young when I saw this so it mite not be that scary)

legend - the devil. not that scary now but v. scary if your a child especially when he charges at tom cruise at the end of the film

the sixth sense - the bit where the boy sees the ghost boy with his head blown off

the others - the bit where nicole kidman sees her child playing with a puppet

american werewolf in london - again was quite young when i saw it but the bit near the start where the guy is on the moor and you hear wolves - all very psychological

that's all i can think of at the mo

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ghost ship, the bit at the start with the wire.

BTW I deleted youre double posts for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Ring 0 - Bit at the very end where the 2 wemon are in the little house.

The thing - not so much scary now, but when i was i child, i had many a nightmare about dogs turning into big evil blobly creatures and walking heads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

BTW I deleted youre double posts for ya.

thanks i thought the thing wasnt workin so ended up with loads of posts:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

No bother, I know how these things can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

cinnamon wrote:
    pet cemetary - the zelda woman scared the **** out of me when i first saw this. At one point she stares at the camera with her scary eyes. (I was quite young when I saw this so it mite not be that scary)

thinking about that now STILL creeps the crap out of me - serious like. *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭tallaghtdave

when i was wee kid watchn salems lot and yer man scratchin at the window. jeazus i got some restless nights way back then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Alien when Sig Weaver's cat springs in a scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭tallaghtdave

actualy when i think about it . the whole dvd of traces of death ukkkk spine shivering stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Yep the Salems Lot scene and Pet Cemetary were good. As was IT. But the one that stays with me (and I cannot get a copy of this film anywhere) is Don't Go To Sleep....
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083844/

Again as with all horror films it is probably the first viewing that does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Archeron

American werewolf in London, when the businessman is in the tube station, all alone and the howl goes out. Classic.

Also, Nightmare in elm street, when the dude falls asleep listening to his headphones and gets sucked into the bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

The bit in The Omen where the first nanny hangs herself at Damiens birthday party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Oobie wrote:
    The bit in The Omen where the first nanny hangs herself at Damiens birthday party!
    Yeah forgot about that. No build up, no music, brilliantly done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tullamac

Cmon guys... What about the bit in Audition, inside the apartment when the phone is ringing. A very normal sack lying on the ground springs to life with a sickening groan and you realise someone is inside... Scared the beejeesus out of me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tullamac

remeber when he sees himself in a dream sequence in the forest lying in a hospital bed and all of a sudden his eyes and face contort to this evil face... only lasts a second but leaves a mark. Also when he awakes from the nightmare with the PIG NAZI's and the nurse opens the window.....AAARGGGHHH still in the dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hmm, Johnny Depp getting sucked into the bed and a fountain of blood spraying up in N.O.E.S.? Just came to me there, great moment :)
    Actually I could just list all the deaths from Jason X, but I'd be here all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

The Others, when the kids are in bed and the sis says "...go on, tough him..."
    I was like, a fúck no, closed my eyes lol, that was one of my biggest fears when I was a kid, it was like being 10years old alone in the dark again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Saw 2 - the death mask scenario.
    Things going at my eyes just freaks the **** out of me to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hellraier 2 (i think) when the girl is being circled by the cenobites as pinhead is talking to her in the room with the chains hanging (no doubt telling her that there is no escape), and the cenobite that has her throat held open with wire keeps sticking the cigarette in the poor girls arm. Just not a nice group of things to be getting circled by.

Advertisement