Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimples

Options
  • 16-04-2006 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, recently i have got a lot of pimples (yellow spots) around the mouth area of my face. Theres about a dozen there present now. They look horrible and its not actually acne i dont think as these are pimples rather than just red spots. Now if they dnt start clearin up soon ill be off to the doc, but just wanted to see if anyone had any reason why a 23 year old male would start getting these and any1 know any way to get rid of em. I just wanted to ask b4 i spend 50quid going to the doc!?

Anyone any good methods that are usually succsesful inn clearing these pimples? thanks people!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Have you changed your diet recently? Stress causes spots as well as lack of sleep etc.

Try drinking plenty of water and eating fresh fruit and veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Yes, yes lots of water and sleep and avoid adding salt to your food and exsesive alcohol as they drain the body of moisture. You could also be vitamin B deficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

if its getting bad rather quickly at your age, go to the doctor. some forms on late-onset acne can be rather serious and are best looked at by a doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

mloc wrote:
    if its getting bad rather quickly at your age, go to the doctor. some forms on late-onset acne can be rather serious and are best looked at by a doctor.
    This could be it ok,but skip paying for a doctor(GP's will give you an antibiotic)if it doesnt get better go see a dermatologist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

This stuff http://www.proactiv.com/ is all the rage in the states , you could look into it and buy it of the internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

that stuff is expensive enuf, 50 quid for a few bottles. I tried the whole b5 think aswel for a few months and it did nothing for me.
    I going to get sum benozyl peroxide tommorow, can anyone recommend a brand? Also where do i get this (I dont need a prescription do i) and how much. I will probly start on a low enough dose.

By the way i have a really good diet, do lots of excercise, have washed my face with tea-tree oil, clearasil and everything else, tryed the b5 thing thing etc. Anymore suggestions?

Thanks people

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

To be honest, at this stage, go to the doctor. No point in using every brand of skin cleanser under the sun if the doc can give you advice/a prescription straight off!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ok got some benzoyl peroxide. What why did you people use it to get the best results?

Im going to wash my face, apply the BP and then mosteurize a few hours later. Should i even mosteuirize at all?
    thanks people.

Advertisement