Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for someone to make a cd rack

Options
  • 16-04-2006 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

hope it's acceptable to post this here? thought it was more apt than diy. anyway, iv just moved into a new house and am having trouble finding suitable storage for my cds - about 800 of them! so the only solution i can think of is to get something custom built so maybe somebody out there might be willing to build something basic and give me a rough quote so i know how much il be looking at?? what i want is basically a shelf unit, probably about 150cm high by about 120-150cm wide with about 8 or 9 shelves. no doors or anthing, so just basic shelving that fits CDs i guess! anbyway i am in the ranelagh area, so if anyone out there reckons they could make this, you can post/pm me with a rough quote. thanks a lot :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Hey if you want I'l make this for you! I'l pm you later on about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

how much would it cost u to make one of these?
    i am in ranelagh too so would be handy if i could get 1 too :D

Well gline took delivery of this this evening and is very happy with it! Here is a pic of it finished with three coats of clear varnish sprayyed on it!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Well gline took delivery of this this evening and is very happy with it! Here is a pic of it finished with three coats of clear varnish sprayyed on it!

Nice work there galwaydude.

Do my eyes deceive me , or are there dovetails I see on the top joints.

kadman

Yes indeed they are dovtails! All hand cut as well! not a single machine used too make them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

thanks man.. put all my cds+dvds in last night + a few books, the 2 compartments are perfectly sized for dvds+cds, 'tis cool, thanks again

no problem gline! I'm delighted that you like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Nice job Galwaydude

Thank you legologic

Advertisement