Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Riverfest 2006

Options
  • 16-04-2006 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

This years Riverfest has been annoucned and it looks really great,
    www.limerickriverfest.com

Also outside of Riverfest, DeadBattery Entertainments are setting up the Limerick Event Calendar you can access it through www.deadbattery.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

if only eightball put as much effort into these sites as they have with their own.

the budweiserglobalbeats site is about as informative as a cement block as well. The thing is that this riverfest and Budweiser Global Beats thing is on in two weeks and the sites are stil not fully running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭The Long Fellow

Fun Lovin Criminals was originally meant to be playing in King John's Castle but are now in Trinity Rooms, anyone know the real reason??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daveightball

hi folks,

dave at eightball here. just wanted to reply to the couple of questions.

first off, on the websites, they're fully operational now, both limerickriverfest.com & budweiserglobalbeats.com. they did come on stream later than we would have liked, but there's a huge amount of prep and design work involved, as i'm sure you'll appreciate, and we also couldn't move till we had confirmed the full programme for both the full festival and global beats. having said that, they're both big steps up from what was there last year. in fact, riverfest didn't even have a site last year. took us four years to get a working eightball website, so it's def an improvement on that!

on the kjc show, we had confirmed flc for there, but the castle looked for a huge rental fee from us, and we had to change it cause it made the show completely unviable.

i hope you appreciate that this is a huge project, that's going to take a couple of years to develop, and it's just one of a number of things we're working on for the festivals in the city, along with the magazine, the venue and our shows around the city and country. it's really stepped up this year with major national advertising and a much bigger programme, and the next couple of years will, touch wood, see the festival becoming a national success. it means major work on programming, funding, health & safety, branding & promotion, reviewing and other areas that are inherent in developing it. it's a lot of work! and we're getting through it as quickly and thoroughly as we can

i hope you enjoy the weekend, and will grant us the patience these events need to get to where we want them.

you can contact me at any time at dave@eightball.ie with any queries

thanks,
    d

• Registered Users Posts: 25 highonsnow

I'm really looking forward to taking part in the Zapcat race this year.. considering this will be the first EVER recognised/organised race in the Republic.

See you at the Finish Line!

Advertisement