Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which battery charger?

Options
  • 15-04-2006 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭

It's time to buy a proper battery charger. I'll be charging lead acid, NiCd 6,7 and 8 cell packs, NiMH (anything from 1 to 8 and AAA to D) and my digital cameras' Li-ion. Charging cordless powertools is not a requirement at present, but it would be nice to be able to do it too. I've basically narrowed it down to one of these two:

ICE

or

Triton

(The Ice has a motor-break-in function, but no Pb-acid, also only 10 cells max. It looks too damn cool though!)

Do you guys have any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

If you buy one of them make sure that you buy a voltage converter that cuts down 230 volts(irish AC) to 110 volts (american AC). If not the charger might explode like mine:eek: I got mine from tower so the effects could be simulaler!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Plug wrote:
    ......make sure that you buy a voltage converter that cuts down 230 volts(irish AC) to 110 volts (american AC). ...
    I would suggest a charger that is designed to use 240AC in the first place? :D

Or maybe 12V DC input might be handier for use out in-the-field?

There is a very nice little compact Multiplex one , newly out, which is very good both featurewise and cost wise. I can't remember the name but you could call www.greenhobbymodel.com in Dublin and ask if it can do what you want.
    The Ultramat 10 can use AC or DC.
    The Ultramat 12 can do all with DC.
    I use the Ultra Duo Plus 30 myself and find it does all I need, (but you might not require this sort of power since 30 cells = 1.40 or 20cc engines).
    (In my hobby uses I do Cycling, conditioning, capacity measurement, with Nicad,nimh, li-poly, lead acid batteries).

Advertisement