Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spots blackheads

Options
  • 15-04-2006 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

anyone know what a good solution to blackheads would be .
    nose area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Vaseline and salt - will take everything else with it as well. :p Just rub it in and rinse with soap and water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Interesting..never knew about the vaseline and salt!

My mother used to do it along with soot and baking soda for teeth cleaning. Apparently cabbage water is also good for clear skin. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

would vaseline not be deadly to remove tho?

I find some face wash with a bit of sugar/salt in it will scrub away all the nasties.

weemcd wrote:
    would vaseline not be deadly to remove tho?

I find some face wash with a bit of sugar/salt in it will scrub away all the nasties.

Yeah same kind of idea . Vaseline just gives a foundation for the salt. Soap and water will clear the vaseline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Sudocream - as in the stuff for baby's bums. It actually says it on the front that you can use it for spots but nobody ever tries it. It works better than anything else (including prescriptions). Unlike salt it won't sting either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Sudocream - as in the stuff for baby's bums. It actually says it on the front that you can use it for spots but nobody ever tries it. It works better than anything else (including prescriptions). Unlike salt it won't sting either.
    I find it can smell quite sickening though. I would only put it on going to bed or something, because it is really quite horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

What about something like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

DrummerBoy wrote:
    What about something like this

I tried them before, ripped the skin of my nose.

Get yourself a decent face scrub and a scrub brush, something with little bits in it( don't know the name of them).

The body shop has a good one called "Jojoba facial cream exfoilator"

Clean and Clear have a blackhead scrub aswell that i heard is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

St. Ives Apricot scrub.
    Most supermarkets and chemists will have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Bjore (spelling?) do a great one that warms on contact with water thus opening pores more which allows for a deeper clean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

There's a "pre-shave scrub" from Simple which works well as a sort of exfoliating gel/cream for men. It's basically gel with some grit/sand type stuff in it.
    I got it from Superquinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

OMcGovern wrote:
    There's a "pre-shave scrub" from Simple which works well as a sort of exfoliating gel/cream for men. It's basically gel with some grit/sand type stuff in it.
    I got it from Superquinn.
    I found that quite good, although not that effective on blackheads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Thaedydal wrote:
    St. Ives Apricot scrub.
    Most supermarkets and chemists will have it.

Think thats half price in most places at the moment.

Advertisement