Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinion on laptop

Options
  • 15-04-2006 12:29pm

Hey all,

I was hoping to get some opinions on this laptop on Komplett:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=318830

To me, it seems good value, just wondering what other people think.
    Any feedback on this would be really helpful,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

What do you want it for ?

The general stuff, web, email, document editing, but I'd also like to have eclipse (java ide) run somewhat comfortably on it.

should be grand for that then :)

eclipse I've found to be a bit of a memory hog .. so the more memory the merrier ...

maybe a bit on the pricey side ? but get someone elses opinion on that :)

I thought at first it looked a bit pricey, but I presume a 3-year warranty is included with the price (I emailed Komplett to clarify)...if so, then a dell laptop with 3 year warranty and one or two worse specs would cost in excess of that on komplett, so maybe not.

Thanks for your input :)

think it said 12 .. under warranty which I'll assume = 12 months not years hehe ..

I had been about to ask that question and saw the warranty on the site ..

picked up the 1300 inspirion .. for 526 ... dvdwriter celeron 1.5 ghz .. 256mb ram and 40 gb disk .. 14.1 inch screen ... 90 day warranty ... another 512mbs ram set me back 64 quid from crucial.com ... only difference between that machine then is .. pretty much the processor and warranty .. I don't really count the hard disk .. as 40 or 80 makes no difference to me ... I could try firing up eclipse on it tomorrow or day after ...

not sure how much good 12 months warranty is .. its either gonna **** up in the first few months or after the year is out ... <-- the way I see it at any rate ...

EDIT: ...
    Availability: 2 stocked.
    SKU: 318830
    Weight: 5.30 kg
    Manufacturer P\N: VFY:APED206561I1GB
    Manufacturer's warranty: 12

• Advertisement
Advertisement