Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarassing Condition

Options
  • 14-04-2006 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

After years using weights and doing CV to tone up I still had a lot of fat around my chest area (man boobs) which is very embarassing, so I decided to visit the GP to see what he thought. He told me that it wasn't necessarily fat but a condition called Gynecomastia which can only be sorted out by surgery, something like liposuction (by the way I'm not overweight). He seemd to be of the view that I shouldn't worry about it etc etc but it makes me very self concious and I would like to do something about it.
    Basically I'd like to know if anyone else has this condition or had it and got it sorted. What was the process involved and how much did surgery cost.
    Any details greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=301190&highlight=Gynecomastia
    there was a thread on this a while back hopefully it will help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Like we have a governor of our state who "looks" like he has the same condition now, but not really what your talking about. Anyway, he had firm pecks in the past as a body builder, but let himself go a little with all the socializing he now does, from city to city. We call him the Governator, otherwise known as "Arnie" or the Terminator in three of his past movies before becoming a politician in California. Like his rep is still good with most of us athletes, and still writes for two health magazines, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it, but what's important is what your gal thinks about you. Like does she care, or is this an issue with her that's the source of your concern, cause it just might be that it's really only a concern for you and not her.:)

Advertisement