Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maybe a bit off topic, but....

Options
  • 14-04-2006 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

I take the 7:30ish train from Wicklow town pretty much every morning, and for the past little while keep noticing the same 06 reg VW SUV Mega-Truck parked in the clearly marked handicapped space. As I never noticed any handicapped passengers getting onto the train I assumed that the owner may be selfishly using this space without any consideration for the chance that someone who really needed it may come along. Maybe I'm too cynical.

I have an annual ticket so rarely have the need to talk to anyone working at the station. But today, (Good Friday) I went into the station to ask about train times. No problem there, got the info I needed. I noticed the SUV as I walked in and asked the CIE employee if he happened to know who owned the vehicle.

No prizes for anyone who guesses the answer..."I do" he said. I just walked out.

Maybe I shouldn't care about these things and not let it bother me, but it just seems so typical.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Can you get him towed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

well..I don't know. I'm not that worked up over it. I'm sure there are people out there that get pretty angry over these things..and rightfully so

Really, my point was just that with a whole area sectioned off for CIE employees to use for parking, he chooses to use a customer handycapped space and how that reflects the attitude of the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

paulm17781 wrote:
    Can you get him towed?

Or send a letter to IR management or the Irish Times ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

IE are staff are well known to park where it suits them. There was some fun at a recent public meeting when it was proven (IE hi vis jacket on the backseat) where using parking they shouldn't be

Simple letter to
    General Manager Rosslare Line
    Iarnrod Eireann
    Connolly Station
    Dublin 1

It will move fairly quicky, just say prioirty should be given to passenger parking and staff parking should be located such as it minise the walk for passengers. A similar issue arose in Kildare and that was agreed.

The car park is technically private so legally no inforcement is possible, towing isn't an option unless the vehicle is stolen or abandoned

The station master in charge is John Redmond, that might not be much help if it his car

Take a photo, hide the reg post it here and I can tell you the car won't be there next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yeah, what is the story with everyone haveing a go at staff out of Dublin Bus and IE. In fairness he should not have been parked there. But he has. You said you went in and asked whos car it was. Why did you not ask him to move it? There is no need to go and get him in trouble. But if he refuses to move the car, report him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

I'm sick of IE staff who are ignorant of passengers as are a huge number of people.

This in indefensible behavior

He should not park in that space full stop no excuses if that was a space under the control of a local council, ticket / clamp would be placed without question.

The disabled spaces are also the closest ones to the station building, its nothing but pure laziness, Ive seen this elsewhere its not location specific. At worst all the member of staff will get is a verbal warning most likely a non descript memorandum will be issued which will state something like this

"Disabled spaces where provided in station car parks are for the sole use of those customers with disabilties with the appropriate permit. Under no circumstances shall they be used by station staff."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

You said you went in and asked whos car it was. Why did you not ask him to move it? There is no need to go and get him in trouble. But if he refuses to move the car, report him.

Sorry, but anybody who deliberately parks in a wheelchair space deserves to be reported. Why should a passenger have to ask an employee to move his car from the disabled space?
    Take a photo, send it to head office, if you hear nothing about it within a few days then send the picture to the local newspaper.
    Irish Rail spend thousands on promoting accessibility only for it all to be wasted by one employee.

Advertisement