Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspirion 1300 - PCMCIA slot?

Options
  • 14-04-2006 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone confirm if the Dell Inspiron 1300 (the 399 Euro one) has a PCMCIA slot? The Dell gimp told me it hadn't, the specs don't say it has, but I have a feeling it may.

The reason is that I have a spare Netgear PCMCIA wifi card lying around and want to know if I can use it in the 1300.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I'm not sure it does or not. But i dont understand why if the specs say it doesnt and the sales rep says it doesnt that you think you know better?

I have seen several new laptops which have dropped pcmcia support

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

ChRoMe wrote:
    I have seen several new laptops which have dropped pcmcia support

And on the contrary, I have seen several new laptops that don't mention the PCMCIA slot yet have one included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Fair enough. But just checking your sure it wasnt a expresscard slot. They both look nearlly identical with the same ejecting method aswell as the size being close to a perfect match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Its an expresscard slot on it ...

Just received mine a few hours ago .. I'm a happy camper .. wireless built in ...

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExpressCard

Its all news to me ...

Thanks for that and damn it! Should have checked before I ordered.

• Advertisement

I ended up paying ... 526 inc vat and delivery ...

dvd writer ..
    56kW/h battery
    printer...
    wireless built in...

apart from that base machine ..

get yourself a memory upgrade .. from crucial.com .. I paid 64 inc shipping and vat for a 512mb from them

Nah, this is for someone who's computing needs are very basic.

The bare spec is exactly what they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

error9 wrote:
    I ended up paying ... 526 inc vat and delivery ...

dvd writer ..
    56kW/h battery
    printer...
    wireless built in...

apart from that base machine ..

get yourself a memory upgrade .. from crucial.com .. I paid 64 inc shipping and vat for a 512mb from them
    i got the exact same for 525 :) with the 15.4" screen... hehee but i forgot to click the box for the printer :( lol

i got the exact same for 525 :) with the 15.4" screen... hehee but i forgot to click the box for the printer :( lol

yeah I was on the site yesterday going WTF ... that one has the 15.4 ARGH!! :eek:

Advertisement