Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More wind power advice

Options
  • 13-04-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Setting up a little project,looking for any feedback.

I have seen from previous forums about wind power etc.

Thinking of the following
    1 wind turbine AIR X Land 400 watts to run lights and dump to a water heater 12 volt 300 watt heater element,then extend to a 2x solar panels to heat hot water during slow summer months.

About cost 1 AIR X = 600 euros
    Battery pack 2 x = 500 euros
    Solar panels 2 x about 700 euros
    New duel tank 1 x 400 euros
    Bit and pices 200 euros

So i guess outlay would be about 2500+ for a basic system diy install.

I have seen the kits from UK for hot water systems,look straight forward,has any body installed these?.or could recommend one.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

The general consensus on those AIR X wind turbines is that they are a waste of time.
    I would suggest that you make or buy a 2.4m Hugh Pigott wind turbine, it would probably cost you about 2K made, then you'll need batteries, tower and inverter / charger / dump controller.
    What type of Solar Water Heaters are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Just an aside but those Surface Power 400w/h turbines are apparently 1.1kw/h rated down to comply with silent running.
    If the sound wasn't too much of an issue could this modification be changed?

Would certainly appeal to me more at that rating.

Advertisement