Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judo club wanted south Dublin

Options
  • 13-04-2006 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a judo club in the south Dublin area, Blackrock, dalkey, Bray etc. and have the contact number
    I am a dan grade and a judo coach, I am looking to start some light training again after being off the mat due to injury.

I am willing to help out coaching if needed either junior or senior players.

Any help would be great, just want to get back into it again

Many thank

B

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭bogins

I know its not Judo but theres are Brazialian Jiu Jitsiu class in Loughlinstown. It would be good to have someone with your experience up there!

Classes are:
    mon: 9.30 - 10.30
    tue: 9 - 10.30
    wed: 7 - 8.30
    thursday: 9 - 10.30

Instructors name Dave Jones ( 087 9043852 )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

UCD

Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭darraghsherwin

This is probably a bit late, but anyway, I was talking to Derek O'Callaghan from Dalkey Judo Club.
    He is trying to form a new Judo club for seniors in Newcastle, Co Wicklow.
    It should be starting in September 07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Welcome back to the sport.

Try http://www.irishjudoassociation.ie/content/view/20/34/

And www.irishjudoassociation.ie for up to date (ish!!) information on Judo in Ireland.

This is probably a bit late, but anyway, I was talking to Derek O'Callaghan from Dalkey Judo Club.
    He is trying to form a new Judo club for seniors in Newcastle, Co Wicklow.
    It should be starting in September 07
    As a matter of interest do u know what days/times those classes in Dalkey are on?!? Im assumin theyre on in the town hall?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

As a matter of interest do u know what days/times those classes in Dalkey are on?!? Im assumin gtheyre on in the town hall?

Contact info; O'Callaghan, 20 Belvue Park, Greystones Co.Wicklow Tel: 087-2595325.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Alphac

Dan grade wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know of a judo club in the south Dublin area, Blackrock, dalkey, Bray etc. and have the contact number
    I am a dan grade and a judo coach, I am looking to start some light training again after being off the mat due to injury.

I am willing to help out coaching if needed either junior or senior players.

Any help would be great, just want to get back into it again

Many thank

B

Did you ever get a club up and running in South Dublin, seems a terrible shame - there's about 4 or 5 BJJ/MMA places within a few miles of where I live and no judo! Clearly there's interest out there.

Advertisement