Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface Number Porting, Anyone done it?

Options
  • 13-04-2006 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey,
    I'm on the brink of ditching my phone line forever ..... woohooo!! But I'd like to port my existing number to blueface.

I was reading through the blueface number porting form on their website and it says if your service provider is not Eircom then contact them prior to submitting the number port request. I currently use UTV.

So I rang Blueface to enquire and the Lady I spoke to didn't give me much confidence in her answer, it was probably the 'Whats UTV?' query I got back from her. But she said they can't port from providers other than Eircom. I pointed out UTV is purely a reseller of Eircom's Product but this just confused her even more.

So in a nutshell has anyone ported their number from any other provider (other than directly from Eircom) to Blueface? Is it possible?

Rich

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It's an eircom issue mostly, but you'll need to get rid of all services on the line except eircom voice. It sounds like UTV is your CPS provider, so you need to cancel that and move back to eircom. You can then initiate the long and tedious porting process.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mandrk

So I need to switch back to Eircom before switching to Blueface?

Makes sense ....... only in Ireland!

Thanks
    Rich

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

That's correct, you cannot port unless it involves Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mandrk

Thanks for the answers lads .... I'm absolutely disgusted :mad:

Of to ring €ircon then (Something I thought I'd never have to do again)

Good Luck
    Rich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

mandrk wrote:
    Thanks for the answers lads .... I'm absolutely disgusted :mad:

It makes it all the more satisfying when you actually cancel your Eircom line though. ;):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement