Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ham Sandwich, NEED TO READ!

Options
  • 13-04-2006 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

I've just seen a band called "HAM SANDWICH" i've heard their stuff and that and thought, "they're not too bad" but i just saw them live and I swear they are amazing! they really took me in for the whole set, I honestly have not felt like that at a gig since the last time I saw Sack (my fav band) but really please please please check them out, I think the've a Myspace thingy, but really go see them, it was €7 into bottletop and i swear it was soooooooooo worth it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭elduggo

yeah, not bad. They supported Isobel Campbell a couple of months back. The female singer has a good voice. They have a single out in Tower Records too.

Pity about the name though - Ham Sandwich. Won't appeal too much to the vegetarians of this world. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

name is ****, but they're pretty good

gave away free lolli pops at a gig I heard

thats always going to attract people to your gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Saw them at Isobel Campbell and HWCH. They're not bad. Not amazingly special imo. But they're not really my kind of thing and I would certainly watch them again if they were playing at a gig I was at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭GASUN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Nay Connor

They collaborated with Hot Press/Tisch school of performing arts and made a video for one of their songs, I don't remember the name but the song was stonking in combination with the video. They're all really sound and well-grounded, too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

The song your talking about i think is St Christopher. Its their most recent single saving that its Sad Songs but I don't think they have a video for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Nay Connor

You're dead right...it IS St Christopher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

They ain't too shaby and thats not normally my cup of tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I saw them open for Isobel Campbell too and thought they were brilliant (despite the name :p ). Cheers for the links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭GASUN

Thanks Tom. Some pics from the St. Christopher video shoot and single launch on the HS page on www.gasun.net
    Best, ENDA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

Ah they're not too bad the name puts me off though - I hate ham sandwiches!!

Better a good band with a bad name than a Bad band with a good name!

Word on the street is they've a few new tracks coming

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Friend from works brother is the lead singer. The video for St Christopher is featured over on tcal.

Hope to see them live for the first time soon.

Niamh is the lead singer, Podge is the lead guitarist and does the backing vocals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Arthur Peanut

Thanks for the compliments, we're playing on Wednesday the 31st of May in Crawdaddy if you want to come along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah Ham Sandwich rock! I went to see them a few times cos I used to go to college with Podge.. complete madman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Saw them in Issac Butt's once and thought they sucked ass. Luckily I missed them at that New Years thing they did supporting the Rednecks, I heard they were terrible then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ninny

I like them, haven't seem them live though...

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

yeah they're good, i'm neighbours with the bassist john moore sound chap!

Advertisement