Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop USB connections broken.

Options
  • 12-04-2006 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hey. I have a laptop, and somehow BOTH USB connections are broken. In the top one I can see that a pin is physically missing - I can't see anything physically wrong with the one underneath.
    Is my computer f*cked? Is it possible/easy to replace USB connections? Any advice? I'm gonna clean the bottom one now to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You could get a PCMCIA USB controller.
    Depending on the damage, you may be able to get somebody to fix it cheaply enough, otherwise a new (costly) motherboard is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It might be worthwhile opening up to see if another us connector could be soldered in. Otherwise the Pcmcia option might me a better bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Caryatnid wrote:
    I'm gonna clean the bottom one now to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Are you sure its USB connection ur talking about? I would imagine its fairly hard to break the connections on the back of a laptop, unless you stick a pen in at them or sumthing.... Can you take a picture about what ur talking about?

Advertisement