Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell shipped me the wrong battery

Options
  • 12-04-2006 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

I just got the Dell 630M off the small business site, and I ordered the normal 53WHr battery, but when I opened the box, the giant 80WHr battery was in the machine. Tis a bit heavier and it sticks out a bit, but seems to give me a very long battery life.

The million dollar question is, should I ring em to ask for the normal battery or not? I'd like to keep the extended one :P

Ring em? 0 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Nay
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I say no ... cus I've just ordered a dell laptop from them and I just know somethings gonna be wrong with it .. nearly every machine we've ever ordered gets screwed up ... so I say go with this one .. unless of course you really want the lighter battery for portability ...

Its also a LOT of hastle getting stuff changed with them ..

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

If it's a better battery then keep it. With Dell morals don't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Would they ask for the extended battery back if I whined for the normal one, do you think?

yes .. they'll require the courier to collect that one when they ship the replacement .. so don't go thinking you'll get something for free from them ... more than you already have ...

the question ... is .. how much is that battery worth ??

how much is a normal battery ... ?

For a second battery on the 630M ...

the 80 Hour = add 60
    the 53 Hour = add 70

Either this is a typo on the site ? ... or its cheaper for them to just ship them with the 80 hour ones ...

But ... extending the primary battery .. costs another 10 EUR ..

• Advertisement

What about buying a replacement battery? How much is the courier charge on that? I'm really loving the 6-7 hour life on this 80Whr battery, despite the weight and it sticking out the back so I'm thinking of getting a second one before they discontinue this in favour of an all core-duo/solo line up.

Hmm... to be honest I'd say "ebay" would be a better option ... dell I don't think are noted for their cheap extras ...

for example .. I just picked up one of their Inspiron 1300 for 526 ...
    If I wanted it upgraded to 512 mbs of ram .. it'd cost a fortune .. however I can buy it on crucial for next to nothing compared to their price ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

If you send it back they'll probably send you the same one again.
    Customer service is **** in dell imo.

I guess I got kinda lucky with this laptop. €650 shipped for a new 630m with 1.73ghz, 512mb, 40gb, gloss screen and dvdcdrw. Low on features and price! It's more of an art than a science buying from dell it seems.

Does it take long for the dell batteries to show up on 3rd party shop sites? I can only find 80Whr 630m/XPS M140 batteries on US ebay and nowhere else.

mirv wrote:
    I guess I got kinda lucky with this laptop. €650 shipped for a new 630m with 1.73ghz, 512mb, 40gb, gloss screen and dvdcdrw. Low on features and price! It's more of an art than a science buying from dell it seems.

I configured my dell .. very basic system the inspiron 1300 ... wireless 1.5 celeron m ... 256 mb ram .. dvd writer ... 40gb disk and a free printer ? :) ... for 526 inc vat and shipping ... quite happy with that ... it seems to be a big game. Play with the options and you never know what the end result is gonna be ...
    mirv wrote:
    Does it take long for the dell batteries to show up on 3rd party shop sites? I can only find 80Whr 630m/XPS M140 batteries on US ebay and nowhere else.

To be honest .... not a clue ... guess its just a case of being lucky ..

• Advertisement
Advertisement