Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orlando, miami

Options
  • 11-04-2006 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hey whats up was thinking of having a little career break and heading to either miami or orlando. was in orlando last year and just fell in love with the place.
    Im looking to get a job as a youth worker or social worker but would prefer more ground work so think ill skip the boring office dutys and just work direct with young people.
    anyone doing similar type of work over there could u pm me.

which do u think would be better to live in. i heard miami is just class for partys etc,
    thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I've lived in both Miami and Orlando (currently live there).
    Miami does have a huge party scene. South Beach doesn't close until 5am. It's all about partying, fashion and fun.
    Both Orlando and Miami have a need for social workers and that type of thing. I work as a tutor for children learning to read and write.
    My preference in Orlando. I grew up here, so that might be why ;)
    But I live just north, in the suburbs, and it's really beautiful and quaint here. Orlando is less expensive to live in than Miami and cleaner (provided you avoid the touristy areas of Kissimmee and South Orlando). It's also more inland so the storms that hit aren't as bad, which, depending on the time of year you're coming, should be something to at least consider if you're going to live in Florida for a while.
    Also in Miami, you might run into requirements to speak Spanish. It's great if you can, but in Miami, especially in the fields you're looking at, it's practically a requirement. In Orlando it would definately help, but if you're not bilingual it won't hurt as much.
    Hope that helped a little!

Advertisement