Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Radiohead Album

Options
  • 11-04-2006 3:26pm

Seen Thom Yorke on the cover of NME this week.........
    did anyone read the article?? just wondering..........

Whens the new album out?
    Whats it called?
    Whens the single out?
    Any idea what the new album sounds like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

I've heard its called ! and its 11 tracks of silence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Hub wrote:
    The best damn silence you'll ever hear, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

John Cage's estate will sue though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

John2 wrote:
    John Cage's estate will sue though

4:33 wasnt it? can never remember

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That's the one. I think he did a couple of other silent pieces after that but 4'33" is the daddy of silence so to speak. Or not to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Hub wrote:

This is the only time I ever have - and ever will - post merely to say that something somebody said was very clever.

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

Wouldn't expect new Radiohead for another 6 months at least... They have a weblog where they post occasionally about their progress in the studio, or where Thom Yorke rants about various issues (with the spelling and coherence of a 15-year old Livejournal user, as some have pointed out):
    http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace

The NME is a bag of ****e, they did a brief interview with Thom Yorke and they've published it in padded-out sections over three issues or so to sell a few extra copies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

i dont have that issue...but i have the week before (Dirty Pretty Things on the cover)and this is all i know:

there were rumours that the album would be "political" but according to thom,the opposite is true.
    Up to 16 tracks are being considered including "Nude" "Arpeggi" "House Of Cards" and "15 Step"
    Its similar to OK Computer but its much more terrifying,apparently

so basically <snip>,i dont know the answer to your questions.....sorry!but hopefully that helped a little..
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

cool, i just thought seeing he was on the cover of NME and seeing as its been 3years since hail to the thief that a new album was due

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

• Advertisement
Advertisement