Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books on buses?

Options
  • 11-04-2006 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Here in Cambridge, a new scheme has recently taken off. Nine prominent authors have either written short novellas or allowed some of their work to be drastically shortened to a special format for the Cambridge Park and Ride bus service.

Each bus has a copy of each of the nine books for commuters to read during their journey. The idea being that each time you get on a bus you can pick up where you left off. It encourages reading and helps the time pass quickly. (I always bring my own book so I'm not too pushed either way).

My question is do you think this would work in Dublin? Maybe I'm a cynic but I think in Dublin the books would either be stolen or the canvas book holder set alight with the books in it.

Any views or ideas?

Are books on buses a good idea 10 votes

Yep, encourages reading and could be fun!
    0% 0 votes
    No way, they would get nicked/burned!!
    30% 3 votes
    I don't read books/I listen to my iPod
    50% 5 votes
    I don't care really coz I drive everywhere!!
    20% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I don't think it would be cynical to success that the books would be stolen/vandalised
    In fact I'd say that's a certainty in Dublin.

Sweet Irony is that the people who won't read them are the ones that will steal them....
    and the people who let us know that they 'woz ere' on them are the ones that really need to read them :)

As for the idea? Anything that gets people reading is a fab idea.

Advertisement